Whippet Ftgh

Guest lavendergirl

Guest lavendergirl

There is a lovely 5 year old whippet boy advertised on Gumtree Brisbane FTGH - not desexed :( I know there are some keen whippet breeders here - is there a rescue in Brisbane?

Guest lavendergirl

Dogmad maybe the one to speak to. :(

Thanks - have sent a PM. I just hate to see such a lovely dog ftgh not desexed - who knows where he could end up. :(

I've spoken at length to the owner, she's only had the dog for a week but he's not getting along with her dog being only a puppy. Someone is comign to look at the dog and I've gone through all the scenarios of what/how to rehome a dog appropriately. The lady also has my phone no/website address as I have people waiting and that of Whippet Rescue in QLD who also have a waiting list.

I've done all I can at this point.

so many whippets around, it's unbelievable.

Getwhippet and I have just managed to pull a rabbit out a hat and rehome the two black whippets that were up for rehoming a few months ago in Sydney. Iggy Rescue found them a great home and the owner changed her mind at the last minute, it was only a matter of time before she changed it back again and sure enough, Whippet Rescue got a call at the weekend saying the dogs had to go right now.

Incredibly, I had a fantastic application for Dusty & Phoenix that wasn't right for them but was perfect for the black boys and it's all going ahead ...

I've spoken at length to the owner, she's only had the dog for a week but he's not getting along with her dog being only a puppy. Someone is comign to look at the dog and I've gone through all the scenarios of what/how to rehome a dog appropriately. The lady also has my phone no/website address as I have people waiting and that of Whippet Rescue in QLD who also have a waiting list.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: dogmad. Thanks for your efforts.

so many whippets around, it's unbelievable.

Getwhippet and I have just managed to pull a rabbit out a hat and rehome the two black whippets that were up for rehoming a few months ago in Sydney. Iggy Rescue found them a great home and the owner changed her mind at the last minute, it was only a matter of time before she changed it back again and sure enough, Whippet Rescue got a call at the weekend saying the dogs had to go right now.

Incredibly, I had a fantastic application for Dusty & Phoenix that wasn't right for them but was perfect for the black boys and it's all going ahead ...

And again :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You do a great job.

Guest lavendergirl

Thanks for that - you can only do so much. At least the lady has some other options now.

Dogmad you are a wonderful person and you do a brilliant job for all of these poor whippets. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I really hope they do not become too trendy or the pounds will be full of them. :(

Edited by snippet

There is a whippet puppy for sale on Melbourne gumtree. They've had it for 3 weeks but now don't have the time or space for it...

How does someone not have enough space and time after 3 weeks :confused:

Poor whippets...

whippets seem to be trendy at the moment, which means there will be more and more rehomes in the not-too-distant future. This is why I don't really promote the breeds I love :-(

I'm like this too...schipperkes are just so precious, and going so well in the country at the moment, I'd hate to see them become the latest trend :( Poor whippets :(