Merlo Bc's?

Today I was told of a colour of BC'S that I've never come across - merlo or possibly blue merlo.

I know of the merle's but have never heard of merlo, however this person was 100% sure that the breeder had called the colour that. Apparently it's blue merle also with some red.

Anyway interested to know if this is a real colour or ???

Blue merle is an allowable colour in ANKC border collies. Vickie's Trim and shine are blue merles. Chocolate merle BCs occur as do tri merles but are not registerable on ANKC main register which is silly as they can easily occur from a mating of 2 allowable main register dogs. It is the same with tri colours - black tri can be registered on the main register but chocolate tri can't. There are no health problems with any of the merle or tri colours that don't occur with the allowable solid colours.

ETS the person is probably talking about a tri merle with bright tan

Edited by Janba

or a BC dosed up on coffee?

I learnt that trick the hard way.... And it was only the dregs left in the cup. LOL.

In all honesty though, who knows what half these colour breeders come up with. Sable merle, silver merle, the bigger the rainbow the more they charge.

There is one breeder who is complaining about having to now register for GST on their puppy sales.. Yep. that is at least $70K a year!!!

Edited by Mystiqview