Some People...

ruthjones

Since I am awake anyway, I thought I might share the giggle I got the other day.

Was in the supermarket stocking up on chicken necks etc.

Lady next to me at the cold meat section says "you must have a lot of dogs"

I reply, "we are expecting a litter soon and my girl is being selective with what she eats"

Lady "oh what breed are they, I love puppies?"

Me "cocker spaniels"

Lady "but what else?"

Me "umm, nothing else"

Lady "what are the parents?"

Me (getting frustrated) "they are both cocker spaniels"

Lady "how does that work?"

I really had no idea what to say, the stupidity of it, (plus starting to wonder what the heck kind of answer I could give) gave me the giggles afterwards though.

Do people these days not realize that dogs can be just one breed?

Or was this lady just having a really bad night!

Sorry, but that is as silly as the vet staff recommending X-ray or ultrasound at 10 weeks of pregnancy, either they are particularly not with it, or they were trying to prevent causing harm to a developing pup!

So what inane things have you all heard lately?

Some times laughter is the best medicine

Ruth

Sorry, but that is as silly as the vet staff recommending X-ray or ultrasound at 10 weeks of pregnancy, either they are particularly not with it, or they were trying to prevent causing harm to a developing pup!

So what inane things have you all heard lately?

Errrmmmmm......the only thing I can see wrong here is the vet staff recommending ANYTHING on a pregnant bitch at 10 weeks because it would probably all be over by then as the gestation is around 9 weeks! :laugh:

And, there is essentially nothing wrong whatsoever in having an xray in the 8th/9th week of a pregnancy. It is the best way to count skulls and see placement, especially if there is a risk that there may be whelping issues due to size disparity or other maternal issues.

I went in to buy a few puppy toys last summer at a Pet Supplies Store. The shop assistant asked me what breed my puppy was. "Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, I replied". :)

"Oh, that's a lovely combination" stated the Shop Assistant!!

When I told it was only one breed she back peddled and said "Oh I thought you said Shih Tzu Cross Cavalier. Yeah! Where did she get Shih Tzu out of that??? :confused:

I have poms....

went into Animates (with a black pom, and a orange sable pom)to have the very knowledgeable staff member tell me how lovely my miniature Samoyed dogs were.

Before i could even reply....

his mum used to breed them and show them as well, and did very well, and did i know her?

when i replied they are actually Pomeranians, he said "NO. i know my stuff, my mum used to breed them and show them"

I said well you must know more than 20 diff judges and 20 diff breeders cos that dog is a registered champion Pomeranian, and this one is well on way to being a champ pom.

Plus there is no such dog as a miniature Samoyed.

.....priceless......

I have poms....

went into Animates (with a black pom, and a orange sable pom)to have the very knowledgeable staff member tell me how lovely my miniature Samoyed dogs were.

his mum used to breed them and show them as well, and did very well, and did i know her?

when i replied they are actually Pomeranians, he said "NO. i know my stuff, my mum used to breed them and show them"

I said well you must know more than 20 diff judges and 20 diff breeders cos that dog is a registered champion Pomeranian, and this one is well on way to being a champ pom.

.....priceless......

:rofl: :rofl:

I have poms....

.....priceless......

:rofl:

Minature & Dirty LOL.

Was at a show with my friends, we were trialling as well.

Had all our crates set up next to eac other, two Goldies, my two Whippets and my other friends Dark Brindle Stafford bitch.

Person walks along "oh look there are two Whippets and their puppy". My friend kind of went pardon, and they pointed to her Stafford. She got the giggles that badly she could barely string two words together. Amazing - my Blue Brindle Parti colour Whippet along with my Fawn Brindle Whippet produced a Black Brindle Stafford - AMAZING :)

At the same show.

Are they Italian Greyhounds?

No they are Whippets.

Oh are you sure

Um yes I am

Arent they a bit big to be Whippets

Ah no my bitch is actually on the lower end of the standard

Are you sure they are Whippets?

Yes I am

(daughter) Mum I think she would know what her dogs were.

Mutters as walking off, they are the biggest Whippets I ahve ever seen, I am sure they are Italian Greyhounds!!!!

Me thinks they have their sizes mixed up!

Same place, different show

Now see these dogs here, you can feed them as much as you like and they never get fat. They are Whippets

Ahh not exactly my bitch in particular is a pig and would get overweight if I let her.

Oh I thought they never got fat

They sure can if you over feed them, just like any dog.

Oh okay may I pat them

Yep sure no worries at all

Patting of dogs

walks off turns to kids and says, she doesn't know what she is talking about, I know you can feed them anything and they never get fat.

Sigh!

Hahahaha! Pmsl Oso!

Had all our crates set up next to eac other, two Goldies, my two Whippets and my other friends Dark Brindle Stafford bitch.

Person walks along "oh look there are two Whippets and their puppy". My friend kind of went pardon, and they pointed to her Stafford. She got the giggles that badly she could barely string two words together. Amazing - my Blue Brindle Parti colour Whippet along with my Fawn Brindle Whippet produced a Black Brindle Stafford - AMAZING :)

At the same show.

No they are Whippets.

Oh are you sure

Um yes I am

Yes I am

Mutters as walking off, they are the biggest Whippets I ahve ever seen, I am sure they are Italian Greyhounds!!!!

Now see these dogs here, you can feed them as much as you like and they never get fat. They are Whippets

Ahh not exactly my bitch in particular is a pig and would get overweight if I let her.

Oh okay may I pat them

Patting of dogs

walks off turns to kids and says, she doesn't know what she is talking about, I know you can feed them anything and they never get fat.

Sigh!

I have poms....

.....priceless......

I think you are wrong and the lady was on the right track. It's actually the incredibly rare teacup black samoyed, I'm surprised you haven't heard of them.

At the same show.

No they are Whippets.

Oh are you sure

Um yes I am

Yes I am

Oh okay may I pat them

Patting of dogs

Sigh!

Actually Ithought they were highly unlikely to get fat myself :o , as my Mother-in-laws Whippet is always turning down all the treat my MIL gives her and buries them when MIL isn't looking! :laugh: We always say we are glad we didn't give her a Cavalier. :laugh:

<I think you are wrong and the lady was on the right track. It's actually the incredibly rare teacup black samoyed, I'm surprised you haven't heard of them. >

:shhh: we don't want everyone to know!

whippets can definitely get fat and there's nothing worse. I've seen plenty of fatties, they look like blimps with legs.

Not that any dog looks good overweight but it would be most dreadful on any type of sighthound build. :mad

At the same show.

No they are Whippets.

Oh are you sure

Um yes I am

Yes I am

Oh okay may I pat them

Patting of dogs

Sigh!

Actually Ithought they were highly unlikely to get fat myself :o , as my Mother-in-laws Whippet is always turning down all the treat my MIL gives her and buries them when MIL isn't looking! :laugh: We always say we are glad we didn't give her a Cavalier. :laugh:

They do look horrendous, beer kegs on tooth picks - not pretty!

Lewis would probably never get overweight, Rommi-definately would she is a pig!