BC Crazy

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How are people finding the dogs?

Are they trolling through places like DOL and Facebook where people have listed their profiles?

Im not even sure if its calculated or wether they are picking random suburbs and looking for quiet streets. some dogs were taken in the Kurri area last week, gates left open. From everything ive heard it seems like they are opening gates grabbing anything if its there and getting out quick smart.

Was thinking the other day that MAYBE there could be someone on the inside? knowing which houses to target? someone who can figure out if people are there and when... maybe a meter reader or a delivery guy? I think the police should be making a bigger deal out of it! Dog fighting should be a serious crime!!!!

Its making me angry that my dogs have to be locked up whe we arnt here and i am going out of my way to protect them! They sould be able to be dogs and enjoy their own yards!

I agree with you totally Nevafollo. I haven't left my 2 alone for the last 2 weeks & don't intend to until this problem is over. It's just not worth the risk.

And it is sooooo not right or fair. In their own yards & they are still not safe. I am very angry :mad

I was wondering if maybe they are getting 'inside' help as well. IMO there is to much of it going on to be just taking pot luck.

Police should be ALL over this till they get a result. I know there are more important issues in some peoples eye's but this is still IMPORTANT & needs to be stopped NOW.

Before anyone else looses their beloved dog :(

Edited by BC Crazy

Sorry if this sounds silly, I don't have much experience with how the Police are run:

Is it possible that the police could be investigating it, but are keeping it quiet as far as media goes in order to try to not tip the perpetrators into knowing they are being investigated? given the rumours I've heard that fights of these nature are often moved around to different locations to try and avoid suspicion.

I'm thinking there may be a network of animal professionals involved as well, keeping data and addresses of these dogs. It wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah now that sounds scary doesn't it.Who do you really trust??

Is there any actual evidence that any other dogs beside tank were stolen or is it just rumour and heresay so far? Tank wasn't used for fighting so not sure why there's a fighting ring connection or why dog fighting losers wouldn't just get giveaway dogs from the Saturday paper and notice boards rather than go to the trouble of stealing them. Lots keeps changing about the story.

Guest lavendergirl

Is there any actual evidence that any other dogs beside tank were stolen or is it just rumour and heresay so far? Tank wasn't used for fighting so not sure why there's a fighting ring connection or why dog fighting losers wouldn't just get giveaway dogs from the Saturday paper and notice boards rather than go to the trouble of stealing them. Lots keeps changing about the story.

I was wondering that too. There are heaps of giveaway dogs on Gumtree and in the paper :cry: They are often the big boofy type as well - I really worry about those dogs. I have been known to email people giving away dogs to alert them to all the pitfalls. Sadly a lot don't care anyway - they just don't want to pay the surrender fee at the pound. :(

These scum would not get dogs through adverts because they don't want anyone to identify them .They wouldn't part with money to get a dog when they can steal them.

Poor Tank may have died from the stress of being taken .We may never know.An Autopsy result won't bring him back.RIP dear Tank.

That poor 5 month old staffy pup : ( :(

Just a baby & had to be pts because of the trama he has been through. Wounds all over him, his teeth had been ground down. Ever so sorry for this to happen & to me it equates to the very same as child abuse. Makes me feel sick & I so wish I wasn't part of the human race at times like this.

RIP Staffy Pup. Run free boy.

Edited by BC Crazy

I find it so depressing that I am actually of the same species as the hideous creatures that are involved in this. There is a FB group if anyone is interested in joining:

Can't get the link to work - Citizens of the Hunter United AGAINST Dog Fighting

Edited by Noire

Im laid here cuddleing my little girl and am in tears and in shock that anyone could do this to a dog. The things I could do to these monsters if I got my hands on them! I'm in the gong and still I struggle to let my girl out of my sight knowing there are people out there that do this. As much as its not happening in our area I'm telling everyone I know never hurts to raise awareness cos ya never know where they will strike next.

OH just phoned me to let me know that on latest news on the radio, yet another dog was stolen last night from Raymond Terrace. A Bull Mastiff, he thinks it was a puppy but not sure on age :(

2 guys in their early 20's were seen acting suspiciously in the area late yesterday afternoon apparently :mad Police are asking anyone with any information to contact them.

Also the police are thinking about setting up a strike force to stop this crime ring & make some arrests. I hope they do ASAP.

There was a ute round here for a while that was hang round at a friends place and seen to let the dogs on the back rev up the resident dogs, we thought they were just rev up , but now I wonder if they were trying to steal them . I will find out if any1 ever got a plate from it . was seen a couple of times and I was warned about them .Thing was they never did anything so nothing could be done .

OH just phoned me to let me know that on latest news on the radio, yet another dog was stolen last night from Raymond Terrace. A Bull Mastiff, he thinks it was a puppy but not sure on age :(

2 guys in their early 20's were seen acting suspiciously in the area late yesterday afternoon apparently :mad Police are asking anyone with any information to contact them.

Also the police are thinking about setting up a strike force to stop this crime ring & make some arrests. I hope they do ASAP.

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/news/crime-and-law/dog-stolen-from-raymond-terrace-yard/2611205.aspx