Isqueak Balls

kayla1

I usually stock up on isqueak balls when Clean Run has free shipping, but I haven't seen them as part of free shipping for a while now and I need to buy some more. They're available here but are twice the price.

Has anyone bought them at a good price from anywhere else?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Snook, my understanding is the high pitched squeak is the original isqueak sound and the deeper one is what it has changed to. My first lot that I ordered were all the high pitched squeak and then when everyone was doing their clean run orders at christmas time I noticed a few people complaining the squeak had changed. So my guess is wagsalot had them in stock before they changed the sound of them.

I bought Justice some iSqueaks from Clean Run when they had their free shipping at Christmas and he absolutely loves the long demented duck-like squeak in them so I just bought him some from an australian online pet store (I too went to K9 Pro but they were out of the mediums) and when they arrived they have a sharp, high pitched squeak which he hates and he won't touch them. I've bitten the bullet and just ordered more from Clean Run and paid the shipping as their description of the sound the balls make hasn't changed, so I'm hoping they still make the same sound as the others I ordered from them. I'm not sure whether the ones made for distribution in Australia have been made slightly differently? I got a few extra things since I was having to pay so much for shipping (ended up costing $42) and even just the iSqueak balls plus shipping before I added anything else only ended up $10 more expensive than buying in Australia, so I think in the end I actually saved money with the other things I added like a couple of the animal sounds babble balls and tugs and chasers.

ETA: The ones I ordered from in Australia I got from www.wagsalot.com.au. They were super fast with their delivery and the other stuff I ordered like the Nina Ottosson toy was great. Justice just hates high pitched squeaks but it's not their fault the balls were different to the ones I got from Clean Run.

All new stock from JW will be the same, you probably got some of the old stock previously (stock over 1 year old). The old tags were square/angled, all new tags are round with the new JW logo.

All stock in Australia comes from the same place the U.S. stock is from, given the fast turnover of the iSqueak range I doubt you will find old stock anywhere, aside from in a store somewhere on display (behind new stock).

I will be meeting with the owners of JW in 9 weeks time in the U.S. and I will certainly let them know they have fans of the 'old squeaking sound'

I've just done the same actually, ordered some from clean run. It worked out quite a bit cheaper for me too because I ordered a few things. Ordered a couple of the new crackle balls too.

For years the ones I've bought have always had the high pitched squeak, until the last lot I got from clean run at Christmas which had the deeper squeak. The ones I've got with the deeper squeak don't seem to last as long, they seem to crack more easily. It feels like the rubber is softer. My dogs still love them, though the deeper squeak is easier on my ears lol.

Snook, my understanding is the high pitched squeak is the original isqueak sound and the deeper one is what it has changed to. My first lot that I ordered were all the high pitched squeak and then when everyone was doing their clean run orders at christmas time I noticed a few people complaining the squeak had changed. So my guess is wagsalot had them in stock before they changed the sound of them.

The original sound is more of a quack rather than a squeak.

The older stock had a larger diaphragm in them and a slightly wider opening where the sound came out of.

Other items in the iSqueak range, such as Zeke the dog, at last I checked still had the quacky type squeak

I was also going to say that the newer isqueaks feel softer and don't last as long as the earlier ones did, which is a shame.

Agreed!!

Iv got some crackle head cuz's which i got from Pets1, its my dogs birthday on the 9th so will see if he loves them ad much :) cant wait until the crackle head balls are available

Having done HUGE i-squeak orders in the past (and we are talking hundreds of balls) - the original ones last much much longer than the ones I have purchased in the last year.

Maybe its time to do another order eek1.gif

My dogs don't seem to care about the squeak difference, they still go nuts for them (even when the squeak is gone, it's still their favourite ball!)

Agreed though about the quality dropping. I got my first lot of i-squeaks in 2009 I think. I've had 2 orders since then (approx 2010 and 2011) and the new ones are breaking while my old originals are still going rather strong! Out of the 4 I had in 2009, only 1 has lost the squeak, but the rubber is still in fantastic shape! The new ones all have cracks in them around the squeaker hole :(

All new stock from JW will be the same, you probably got some of the old stock previously (stock over 1 year old). The old tags were square/angled, all new tags are round with the new JW logo.

All stock in Australia comes from the same place the U.S. stock is from, given the fast turnover of the iSqueak range I doubt you will find old stock anywhere, aside from in a store somewhere on display (behind new stock).

I will be meeting with the owners of JW in 9 weeks time in the U.S. and I will certainly let them know they have fans of the 'old squeaking sound'

I just had a look at the tags and yeah, they're square. It's pretty annoying then that they've sent out such old stock as Justice hates high squeaks and runs away but he loves the squeak in the iSqueaks we got from Clean Run, which is obviously the new type of iSqueak. I might contact wagsalot and let them know.

I would be happy to buy them off you - Keely doesn't care about the pitch just as long as they make a noise !

Based on the high turnover of iSqueak stock by the Australian distributor (Prestige) all stock obtained since approx Nov should be new stock

(new stock started to arrive here after the Global Trade show in Florida last Feb/Mar)

There may have been slight changes to the manufacturing process, this is noted between the older stock with old style tags (square) and the new stock

with new tags (round).

The weight between old and new stock is within a few grams of each other, so aside from the possibility of a re-designed air vent nozzle (squeaker)

there really is no difference. As for the rubber quality, that is the big variable…

Edited by Pets1

I am not sure what further clarification you want. All new stock has a round tag and has a higher pitched squeak than previous

All local retailers deal through the local distributor, not the manufacturer.

The information provided previously is what is known having spoken to JW directly, at trade shows in the

U.S. earlier this year and twice last year.

We, along with the local distributor will be meeting with them in 9 weeks time at SuperZoo (trade show)

in Vegas. Given we have a good relationship with the owner of JW, we will certainly pass on any comments

or suggestions.

There is nothing wrong with having older stock, at the end of the day it is the same product. Most people

would not know the difference. To confirm you are getting one of the new iSqueaks, just make sure it has

a round hang tag.

Snook, reading through your replies again things don't make sense.

Initially you said you dog loves the demented quack like squeak??? That is the old iSqueak model (square tag)

The new model is high pitched, which you know say is his favourite toy…

Old model - Quack

New model - Higher pitched squeak