Barking At Dogs On The Tv

Christina

Funny little girl Katy, age 1, has started to recognise dogs on the TV.

They don't have to make any noise. It started with the wolf on a nature programme a couple of weeks ago. Camera zoomed in on its face & she ran up to the TV barking & growling & stood up on her back legs. Tiny girl. She hates the dog at the end of the RSPCA ad with a vengeance & also runs up & stands on her back legs to bark at it every time the ad is on. Now she sees the dogs in any programme. She is food guarding too now. So weird. None of the other dogs bat an eyelid.

Anyone elses dog do this ?

Only time the dog barks is when I watch Flyball on the Laptop.. Emmy jumps on my lap and barks with the other dogs.

On the tv, none of them really pay attention to it. Unless, someone knocks on the door on the TV and Emmy runs to the door and barks and then looks very confused when we open the door and show her that no one is there... Emmy is a bit special.

My boy Sonny barks at the tv when any type of dog is on & the sound doesn't have to be one. Pretty much any kind of animal will get reaction & he runs up to get a closer look & have a growl.

Even when a fishing show is on he tries to snap at the fish LOL.

If I want to watch a dog training dvd I have to out him to bed otherwise I don't get to see much of it cause he is right up at the screen watching.

Even cartoons like Sylvester the cat, gotta watch him haha

Weirdest thing when I "try" to watch the crime channel & a 'baddy' comes on, Sonny runs up to the screen, really close & he gets really angry, growling & barking. As soon as the crooks image is not on the screen he returns to his lounge room & gets comfortable again.

When he was a puppy he used to run out side right where the tele is to see if he can find that dog.

He doesn't do that now. He is a very special boy & funny boy.

Edited by BC Crazy

My rottie would ... he would tell off the naughty dogs on Cesar Milan and then if he gave a command Diesel would listen instantly and keep staring intently at the TV like 'oh tell me what to do next great guru' :rofl: he would also bark at people have rude scenes :rofl:

my two now will do it, Rogue watches nature documentaries intently. Big cats on the TV get her, she saw a puma once walking across the screen, she just stared as it wander out of shot then she cautiously peeked behind the tv wondering where it went :rofl:

My dog loves seeing animals on TV, he doesn't bark but he just runs up and stares at them. Once when the horse racing was on the news he looked behind the tv when the horses ran off the edge of the screen.

Sorry if this pic is massive

snow.jpg

Neo is a total pain when it comes to animals on the TV - growling, hackles, madly wagging tail, barking.

He even knows the sound of commercials that feature animals that he likes to "get" - he will come running from another room as soon as the sound of "his" commercials start.

Used to be funny, once apon a time, now it's just painfully annoying!

*Giggles* how adorable (i especially love the looking behind the tv!)

Sometimes on the laptop we play youtube clips of Staffy screams - Arby does it along with them, it's pretty funny :laugh:

Oh yes, Maggie makes it impossible to watch any documentary at all, or anything with animals in it. I tried to watch Best in Show once.. nope. :laugh:

It used to be cute, when she'd run around behind the TV to try and find where the dogs were coming from (if she could hear them). Now it's just infuriating!

As soon as a dog on tv barks, my lot go ballistic barking, running around the house looking for said dog. It can go on for ages. I must admit, it is starting to get a bit over the top! :laugh: I have to pause the play and wait till things settle down or can't hear tv at all.

My girl has taken to watching the tv too, she cant seem to understand yet though whats going on. She looks behind the tv for the people and when the footy is on and the ball goes off screen she went looking for it :rofl:

Our German Shepherd has always recognised other animals on TV, doesn't matter what they are, if they have four legs, he has a grumble and a whine.

He even recognises CARTOON dogs!

We have a constant smudge mark on our tele at German Shepherd nose height.