Amy Has Passed & Is At Peace

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very quick, she's home, looking great. She had a cortisone deficiency and blood results that indicated an auto immune thing, probably triggered by stress from being at my mother's place (along with my other dogs) while we were there for dinner, and she's not allowed inside there.

She was given cortisone by injection and responded really well, "she was like a new dog" they said. She's to be on some Macrolone for a bit and I keep an eye on her and take her back for reassessment in 2 weeks, also Karen would like me to call her Friday and tell her how she's going. Obviously if anything adverse happens I whip her back straight away.

She really looks like a new dog; she looked awful this morning. BTW she barked herself hoarse while she was there (once she felt better: let me out, let me out!) and was very pleased to see me, and is now ensconced happily in her crate.

Gotta go for a bit now but back later.

It's good news!! :confused:

Well she's back to how she was on Tuesday, but not the high temperature this time. Trembling and spaced out, off her food. She seems dehydrated, her mouth is a bit gluey. We are heading back up to the vet again.

:rofl:

Thanks for all the good wishes. Unfortunately Amy has a growth in her liver which will mean that all care now is palliative care. I don't know how long she has with us, it depends on her quality of life, which will also depend on how she responds to any medications.

I will make sure I cherish every day I spend with her. To add on to all the days and years I have already cherished her. Love your doggies, they are with us for too short a time.