Our Battle With Osteosarcoma

silentchild

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emma made it to her 8th birthday! :thumbsup: Just reading a few pages back we weren't expecting her to, but she made it! :D Very happy.

She's a lot limpier nowadays but is coping well and just laying around more, my precious girl. I'm just lucky that we still have her.

Celebrating her birthday:

post-23932-0-97313000-1355631270_thumb.jpg

Thanks all for thinking about us. :) Emma is in the doghouse at the moment, she is normally a very gentle eater but lately has started being more exuberant when being fed. Today the little monster rumbled at me and accidentally nicked me with her teeth whilst excitedly taking her chicken necks from me despite numerous warnings of gentle (she knows what it means) and drew a bit of blood, I damn near almost murdered her for it. Now she's staying well far away from me looking extremely sorry for herself lol.:whip:

At least it shows she's still got some spunk in her lol. Cancer is no excuse for forgetting your table manners!

Ouch, cheeky Emma.

If it makes you feel any better I get these all the time from Dyz :eek: in fact I am sporting a nice owy on my thumb from the show last weekend where she got a bit exhuberant when I was baiting her in the ring.

Hey, just a though SC, is Emma on cortisone? It can have a slight mind altering affect and definitely does make them hungrier, so either of these may be the culprit of Amma's new found cheekiness with food?? ... Not to try to make any excuses for her of course :D

but just a thought.

Nice to see Emma still has plenty of attitude and zest for life. :thumbsup:

You take care, both of you :)

Thanks for the info Dyz, I didn't know cortisone had that side effect. I just had a look through the mountains of medication she is on and no, Emma doesn't get any cortisone. :D So she has no excuse, lol! Although when I gave her meds later in the arvo she very gently and tentatively took them from my fingers while staring at me out of her one eye, so she got some Good Girl cuddles after that. I just can't resist that face. :D

Sorry to hear about your last ouchie from Dyzney, she must be in kahoots with Emma. :rofl: Though coming from Dyz it probably was more a love bite to you!

I'm glad she's going to be able to share Christmas with you.

Thank you 4Kelpies, yes it does look that way. *touch wood* I've gotten her some yum free-range duck to have on Christmas morning, a huge beef stick and no doubt she will get some yummy leftovers off whatever the humans are going to eat too. At this rate she'll be having a happier Christmas than me! :D

Edited by silentchild

Wow, I cannot believe that Emma will be able to spend Christmas with me, it just hit me. I am so amazed at how far she's managed to come. Three months ago I was 100% certain she would be gone by now... I am so lucky to be able to have this time with her.

Only 2 more sleeps SC and Emma will be your special Christmas gift. Isn't that lovely... making her birthday and christmas. She is just shy of a miracle. :)

Don't worry about my ouch SC :laugh: Dyz has always been a food grabber. I can get her to take it carefully, but because I throw food often in training, she is always ready to catch it... even before it leaves my hands :rofl: so it's my own fault.

Sounds like Emma got the hint after her telling off. Well done.

The free range duck sounds awesome. I might have to hunt up something special for our kids too, great idea, thanks.

Watch out for the heat today SC.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX