Foster Dogs

Wow. She's pretty. Don't fall in love with her...me thinks she won't be with you long. :)

Heh heh. Everyone says that. We try to keep our fosters at least 2 months though to make sure we've trained them up and fully assessed their temperament. No matter how pretty she is, she still has to leave with the Mandatory Training Behaviours :laugh:

Wow. She's pretty. Don't fall in love with her...me thinks she won't be with you long. :)

Heh heh. Everyone says that. We try to keep our fosters at least 2 months though to make sure we've trained them up and fully assessed their temperament. No matter how pretty she is, she still has to leave with the Mandatory Training Behaviours :laugh:

Wow. Impressive list of add ons for adoptees.

Wow. Impressive list of add ons for adoptees.

I think it lessens the risk of the dog 'bouncing' if it's trained up. I also think that a lot of people who adopt a rescue do have much higher expectations/demands than they do when they get a dog from elsewhere ...

Do you have a background story for your next foster?

Apparently she was saved from a farm where she was being mistreated, then the person that saved her moved and couldn't take her with them and so surrendered her to rescue. Apparently she is very sweet :)

Dear little Cupcake, good bye sweet girl. Have fun in your new home :) Geez it must be very hard KTB to let them go :(

Love your new little foster girl. She looks so very sweet. Pretty little girl :love: How could anyone mistreat something so beautiful.... Way beyond me.... :(

Enjoy your new princess :)

Thanks guys. I had a little cry on Saturday but Cupcake's new owners adore her and we've already started getting some updates!!

cupcake238.jpg

cupcake239.jpg

cupcake240.jpg

My husband reminds me that this is the reason we foster - to find them good new homes ... and that it's not just the dog's life that's transformed, but the family into which they are adopted...

Cupcake's going well on trial adoption.

cupcakesofa.jpg

Our new foster Chimes arrived today. She's lovely. A very soft and submissive dog. Friendly to people and dogs. Absolutely no sign of aggro whatsoever. Still has her puppy teeth and puppy breath. She is about Dodge size. Maybe smaller because she is fluffy. She is very ball-focused but not a guarder. She is very calm and sweet-tempered. On looks alone she will be hugely popular but there's no way she's going to someone who just wants a pretty dog - I'll be beating off unsuitable applicants with stick I suspect.

Her hearing and sight are fine.

chimes06.jpg

chimes07.jpg

chimes14.jpg

chimes19.jpg

chimes18.jpg

Edited by koalathebear

She's lovely ... any breed guesses? So far we have her down as a lilac Border Collie/Koolie ... or a red merle Australian Shepherd cross ... :D

We are calling her the fluffy albino Kelpie

ETA: and chequeredblackdog - you are already pre-approved to adopt ANY of my foster dogs :laugh:

Edited by koalathebear