To Add A Third

Hi all , I've mentioned this before but now I'm going to add a third little angel to my clan. What I'm stuck on is male or female . I have two desexed females and they are great. My vet said male or females doesn't matter ,just make sure on personality . Ok peeps any insight . All opinions will be considered. I preferr another little girl but I've never had three dogs before . All will be mini schnauzers. Love them to the moon and back :)

The odds are in favour that a male would fit in best with your 2 girls but I really agree with your vet. No good getting a bossy boy who hassles the bitches all the time for example and some do, desexed or not. Maybe ask the breeder/s of the girls you have.

Get a bitch if that is what you want, just talk to the breeder about the temperaments of the 2 you have now, so you can find another bitch who will fit into the clan.

I have several minis, all bar one are bitches and they get along together just fine

Boy. I have three westies - a bossy girl and two laid back boys. It works well. :) Can't put my finger on it but three of the same gender would concern me - but I can't think why? :confused: And I love boys in general - laid back and low maintenance! Nothing bothers mine.

Just one thing - need to introduce the third dog carefully. I was lucky - they all just slip-streamed in together as if they were litter mates who had never been apart. But I know it doesn't always happen that way.

I would also suggest boy, but if you are desperate to have another girl, as others have said, you could make it work.

These things always depend on the individual dogs in question, and the existing pack dynamics, but my opinion is that you will have a better chance of having a peaceful pack if the 3rd dog is male. It doesn't mean it will be perfect, or that it wouldn't be perfect with a girl - the odds just seem better with a boy :)

Hi all , I've mentioned this before but now I'm going to add a third little angel to my clan. What I'm stuck on is male or female . I have two desexed females and they are great. My vet said male or females doesn't matter ,just make sure on personality . Ok peeps any insight . All opinions will be considered. I preferr another little girl but I've never had three dogs before . All will be mini schnauzers. Love them to the moon and back :)

There's your answer. Get a girl.

Just put in the work to make it work.