Treats For A Dog With Pancreatitis

My 11 year old dog has been diagosed with pancreatitis. With the help of the vet I have the main diet under control but I was wondering if anyone knows of any treats I can give my dog - of course, very low/no fat? Apparently Dentastix are okay for the teeth, and I am providing the best food for her but would like to introduce an occassional treat, but don't want to do her any harm. Any ideas from those who may have gone through this?

My lab has pancreatitis.

Happy paws training treats are all natural, low in fat and no preservatives. Also they are made by a Doler. :thumbsup: I get the perfect pooch treats. I have been getting them for a number of years and have found Lynn very reliable and quick to post. My dogs love them. She also has a banner as an official DOL advertiser.

Highly recommended!

www.happypawstreats.com.au

Thanks for the tips - I had thought of veges, but the dried sweet potato chunks in the oven sound a good idea and easy to do. Will also have a look at the happy paws - Daxilly, do you give these to your lab with no problems? Any particular variety better than others? Also, those who give kibble, have you found one that is superior for this problem. I have her on Hills Senior and I live in a place where there is not a heap of choice with brands.

Can I ask what the enzymes cost? I have a cat that might have pancreas problems, just waiting on further tests.

I currently can't find any food that isn't causing liquid poo. I asked in the cat section but I think it is quite rare in cats.

Can I ask what the enzymes cost? I have a cat that might have pancreas problems, just waiting on further tests.

I currently can't find any food that isn't causing liquid poo. I asked in the cat section but I think it is quite rare in cats.

Enzyplex is pricey Jules, if I recall it's around $90-100 a tub. A tub for my Cavalier lasts for at least a year because you use very little at each meal. It's well worth the money. Do a search on the net and see who's selling for the best price. Remember to factor in the postage costs.

My pancreatitis dog has never had any problems for 3 years since she's been on Enzyplex and she can eat virtually anything now, though I do stick with low fat food for her. She is fed mostly raw and at the moment I'm feeding her raw roo and some cooked turkey mince.

I've just come home after being in hospital for 10 days and while I was away she was fed Canidae Platinum dry food which has a fairly low fat content and she had no issues at all. This of course is dog food. Not sure about cat food.

Happy paws training treats are all natural, low in fat and no preservatives. Also they are made by a Doler. :thumbsup: I get the perfect pooch treats. I have been getting them for a number of years and have found Lynn very reliable and quick to post. My dogs love them. She also has a banner as an official DOL advertiser.

Highly recommended!

www.happypawstreats.com.au

Yes, they are great!

One of my gals had pancreatitis some time ago and the treats did not do any harm.

We now have 3 very keen supporters of these treats :D .