Backlighting

huga

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well there you go. :laugh: Ive never heard of it being refered to as an e-shoot! I asked someone a while ago (on a predominantly american facebook page) what a senior shoot was. :laugh: I couldn't figure out why all these people were posting photos of young people calling it a senior shoot. :laugh: To me a senior is an elderly person. :rofl:

It was the most beautiful day yesterday so I thought I'd go have a crack at back lighting for my 52 week pic. I struggled! I had real trouble getting the exposure right as I wasn't in the frame. I tried to use other objects for the exposure but still didn't get it right. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :o

7909340686_c11d041c2d_z.jpg

7909341148_ec12187930_z.jpg

7909293632_a5d6bb18df_z.jpg

Gap - I have never done a backlit selfie because it's super tough, so well done. Not only is the focus a challenge, but the exposure is really hard without a real person there to expose for. I would probably try and rope someone in to stand in your spot so you can get it right, otherwise it's just going to be a lot of trial and error. You did really well.

I call this one 'Heading for the Light'. This is my old Rotty Sharon not long after she survived bloat and only a month or two short of her passing away from kidney failure.

Taken on the iphone.

551961_10150706404483045_251456617_n.jpg

Edited by Burkes

kja and tlc, I really like both lots of yours. tlc, is that a wide angle lens you're using? Looks like you're really getting a handle on the 7D too :thumbsup:

Duh! of course it's a wide angle I forgot you have the 17-70. You've used it to great effect, I really like the way the line of seats leads my eye.

Edited by Kirislin