2 New Arrivals At Nswar

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The black girl in Daisy's litter is the 3rd pup from the left in the first photo - or the one licking the other pup's back in the 3rd photo... *grin*... less white on the chest than the big black boy. She also has the cutest little Staffy type ears...

As for the wrinkly noses... aren't they just gorgeous? No other wrinkes on them though PS... don't think there's any Pei in there... hahahaha! Actually, most of Blossom's babies are a bit wrinkly nosed at the moment, but I think their heads will grow into their skin pretty quickly... a couple of Daisy's babies were a little wrinkly faced last week, and there's no sign of that now in them. It's amazing how much can change in a week, isn't it?

There was much squealing and laughter yesterday when we did the photo shoot - they are just getting to the fun stage now...

T.

As both mums have flower names, maybe that could be a theme! :D and for the boys, more of a plant/ tree based theme!

Rose/ Rosie

Petunia

Petal

Sunny (as in sunflower)

Lavender

Lily

Iris

Jasmine

Violet

Bryony

Marigold

Pansy

Poppy

Primrose

Lotus

Lilac

Tulip

Leilani

Maple

Myrtle

Hazel

Fern

Willow

Laurel

Clover

Flora

BOYS

Oak

Ash

Cedar

Rowan

Basil

Aspen

Huckleberry (huck)

Briar

Thorn

Mulch

Kelp

Bramble

Kale

Birch

Elm

Forest

Perry

Spruce

Glen

Grove

Leaf

Woody

Reed

You can't half tell I'm enjoying this can you?

Hey T - I am claiming naming rights to these pups :rofl:

I like all the flower names suggested on page 3 of this topic - well maybe not names like 'Stump' :laugh:

OK - yesterday was overcast and had a cold wind blowing, so we didn't get any photos of the babies. All are doing fine except for Blossom's little blue and white girl who appears to have managed to contract coccidia from her mum and isn't thriving as well as her littermates. All of that litter have been Baycoxed (Blossom was treated last week), and we now wait to see how the little one goes. She is eating extremely well and has a strong little spirit, so we do hold some hope for her at this point. All of the pups from both litters are now happily eating solids like little pigs.

Blossom's babies are 4 weeks old today, and Daisy Boo's babies will be 5 weeks old tomorrow.

I got weights on Blossom's babies yesterday, and you will note that the little blue and white girl hasn't gained at all this week, but she has grown in height and length.

Blue and white girl - 750 g

Black and white boy - 1.25 kg

Blue and white boy - 1.3 kg

Blue fawn brindle girl - 1.5 kg

Black boy - 1.5 kg

Brindle girl - 1.5 kg

Lighter brindle boy - 1.5 kg

Darker brindle boy - 1.7 kg

As you may note - these babies are tracking the same weight range as Daisy's babies were last week... *grin*

Got weights on 2 of Daisy's babies also (will get the rest today)

Black and white boy (thin stripe on head) - 2.5 kg

Black and white boy (black spot on neck) - 2.2 kg

Today is looking nice and sunny, and not too much wind, thank dog... should be able to get the babies out in the fresh air and get some pics for their fans...

T.

I've also picked 10 boy names and 4 girl names for the babies - now just have to pick who gets what name...

Boys names...

Ash

Rowan

Basil

Sage

Huck (short for Huckleberry)

Woody

Logan (as in Loganberry)

Heath

Oliver (from the Olive tree)

Bud

Girls names...

Sunny (as in Sunflower)

Poppy

Clover

Penni (for the little blue and white girl - named after a friend's much loved dog who went to the Bridge recently)

T.

OK - weights for Daisy Boo's babies this week are...

Black and white boy (black spot on neck) - 2.2 kg

Big black boy - 2.1 kg

Black and white boy (wider stripe on head) - 2.5 kg

Black girl - 1.75 kg

Black and white boy (narrow stripe on head) - 1.75 kg

Small black boy - 1.5 kg (a gain of 400g in a week - way to go little man!)

Daisy's babies are eating solid kibble now, and were wormed today also.

We had most of the bubs out in the fresh air for a good long time today, except for the little blue and white girl and her black and white brother. They stayed with Blossom to get some extra boobie time. The little blue and white girl is still perky and active, if a little less steady on her feet than the others - but she's a little fighter and LOVES her mushed puppy tinned dinners with a passion - she even prefers those to boobie!

I got photos of the pups today, but have to dash off to help a friend with a computer problem. Will post the pics tomorrow morning, OK?

T.

OK - photo time! Please excuse if some are not completely up to par... the little buggers were going off in all directions and I only had one wrangler to help herd them into reasonable positions...

First up, Blossom's babies...

30-09-2012-nswar-puppies039.jpg

30-09-2012-nswar-puppies052.jpg

30-09-2012-nswar-puppies056.jpg

30-09-2012-nswar-puppies047.jpg

30-09-2012-nswar-puppies064.jpg

30-09-2012-nswar-puppies072.jpg

30-09-2012-nswar-puppies067.jpg

30-09-2012-nswar-puppies089.jpg

30-09-2012-nswar-puppies085.jpg

No - that dog was named Prinny PR... she passed a few months ago from old age issues. We still miss her terribly.

Penni was my close friend's Staffy who went to the Bridge on Thursday. She was a fighter and was very sick as a pup, and it seemed apt to dub the little blue and white girl Penni if she comes good.

T.

OK - no photos this week - the weather is too yukky to get the babies out... but I did get weights...

Daisy Boo's babies...

Black and white boy (wider stripe on head) - 3 kgs!!!

Black and white boy (black spot on neck) - 2.5 kgs

Black and white boy (narrower stripe on head) - 2.25 kgs

Big black boy - 2.5 kgs

Black girl - 2.15 kgs

Small black boy - 1.85 kgs

Blossom's babies...

Blue and white girl - 900g - she gained weight this week and is doing much better now... yay!!!

Black and white boy - 1.5 kgs

Lighter brindle boy - 1.9 kgs

Darker brindle boy - 2.1 kgs

Brindle girl - 1.9 kgs

Blue fawn brindle girl - 2.1 kgs

Blue and white boy - 1.7 kgs

Black boy - 1.75 kgs

T.

Penni the blue and white runty puppy from Blossom's litter has stacked on 180 grams since Saturday... that's 30 grams more than she put on in the whole of last week!

I think she's gonna be just fine now, the tough little tacker... she can eat like a horse, and loves her chicken mince the best of all... *grin*

T.