Ahhh Peace At Last

Steve

Ive got an orphan lamb which we are feeding by hand and he has been driving me nuts calling for his Mum

Maremma pup put a stop to that - stopped it within about a minute and now the baby lamb isnt missing his Mum so much. post-199-0-74936800-1347968106_thumb.jpg

How cute is that!

Nawww! That's beautiful. It's amazing the instincts they are born with.

It is - they just amaze me more and more every day and of course everyone should have lambs

and puppies in their lounge room toorofl1.gif No wonder nothing gets done around here.Every time I look at them I cant help but smile.

Hubby wants to call the lamb Sunday Roast eek1.gif .

Hey Steve how come you already know he's going to be boss sheep? Can't he be a wether and maybe produce wool?

It's very sad that the cutest lambies and kiddies have to grow up. They're such delightful creatures.

Nice pup!

No wool here. I've a Dorper stud. No shearing,crutching, mulesing or eating anything I breed.

Hmm, so sheep appear to come up trumps in the 'well endowed' category!!

Yep and they get as cranky as stud bulls when the girls are on heat. Because this one is being hand reared as it gets older it will be a real pain as it will run at us when we enter the paddock .

I needed a Maremma puppy as well a few nights ago.....sadly Shaun didn't make it.

Maybe I will order one for next time!!!!!

They are hard to keep alive but this one got to have his Mum for two days so had the benefit of the colostrum so we are hoping that will keep him going - though even with the Maremma pup its not easy to bring them through.The Maremma take down a lot of the stress and Dorpers like company and accept the dogs quickly but its no easy ride. Dorpers are bred to thrive in drought and on poor pasture so the lamb milk you buy from the produce store isnt good for them as its too high in protein and they drink coles brand human milk or they get scours and it kills them. Im sorry Shawn died.I hate it when they linger.