Rare Breeds

Saffioraire

For anyone who is interested the White Swiss Shepherd Dogs will be represented by a breed stall at the Royal Melbourne Show on Wednesday 26th & Saturday 29th September.

The breed stall is being held by the Greater White Swiss Shepherd Dog Association of Victoria Inc (VCA Affiliated)

603344_421434467913303_758301559_n.jpg

Edited by Saffioraire

Thanks! It should be a great day.

Just trying to get the word out there, so many times people ask questions and so it's nice to spread the word when they can have a good chance to go over info and see the dogs in person smile.gif

Sure we will get plenty of skew questions, doesn't worry me too much :)

What time does the dog shows usually start? I'll be visiting for the first time.

Judging commences at 10.00 am.

Thanks Liz! All I know off the top of my head is we'll be on later and I have to be there stupidly early! Will put up more specific details when I have the time to nut them out ;)

Might not get much of a chance to walk around but will try, would be nice to meet you considering we live down the road from each other!! laugh.gif

Any chance of you being there at the Perth Royal? :laugh: What a goregous stunning breed I would love to meet one in the flesh :love: What a great idea to get the breed out there :)

No unfortunately frown.gif

One day I will travel over! Hopefully with one of my pups from our next litter we will do some "globe trotting" or at least Australia trotting!!

For anyone who isn't much of a Royal Show fan we will also be at the Big Day Out for Dogs @ KCC Park early December. Will post a reminder when the time comes ;)

Hope its okay to join your thread Saffioraire :)

ASDCV's Fun Day At the Royal

As part of the Royal Melbourne Show's Rare Breed Showcase,

the Anatolian Shepherd Dog Club Of Victoria Inc

will be conducting a meet the breed and information stand

on: Monday October 1st, 2012.

Members of the public, prospective Anatolian Shepherd owners, trainee judges, ASDCV members

are invited to attend ASDCV's Fun Day At the Royal

to meet the Anatolian Stars and to ask questions about the breed.

Anatolian Stars Confirmed in attendance:

Bear

bearfunday.jpg

Cosette

cosettefundayb.jpg

Calaf

calaffundayb.jpg

Galatea

galateafunday.jpg

Humphry

humphryfunday.jpg

& Obi

nesunobifundayb.jpg

For more information about ASDCV's Fun Day at the Royal, please see the ASDCV Events Webpage

Edited by lilli

Am I confusing two things here - is there a Rare Breeds Showcase stall or something, that will feature rare breeds each day? Or is that a general focus, and rare breed clubs will be having their own stalls?

Either way, this is so exciting! I'm heading to the Show on Thursday (POODLE DAY :thumbsup: ), I can't wait to see all these dogs!

Am I confusing two things here - is there a Rare Breeds Showcase stall or something, that will feature rare breeds each day? Or is that a general focus, and rare breed clubs will be having their own stalls?

Either way, this is so exciting! I'm heading to the Show on Thursday (POODLE DAY :thumbsup: ), I can't wait to see all these dogs!

Yes, I think it is two breeds per day, from the 29th to Oct 2nd.

Each breed has 4 x 30mins Q&A session with the public.

On Monday October 1st, the Tibetan Mastiff and Anatolian Shepherd are featured.

Edited by lilli

there was a stunning White Swiss Shepherd Dog at Gunnedah Dog Show on the weekend

My friend and I were just in awe at him/her, I couldn't recall what their proper name was though so I'm glad that this thread has been posted.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Yes, I think it is two breeds per day, from the 29th to Oct 2nd.

Each breed has 4 x 30mins Q&A session with the public.

On Monday October 1st, the Tibetan Mastiff and Anatolian Shepherd are featured.

Adding to this. This year the RAS approached ALL breed clubs if they were interested in having a breed stand on the day they are exhibiting with space for 5 breeds each day.

This is what the WSS Association are doing.

On Saturday for example the Rottie club, Great Dane club and Finnish Lapphund club has breed stands.

Tomorrow the White Swiss Shepherds and Cavaliers will have stands, others breeds may have taken up the offer as well.

What lilli is talking about is an extra Rare breed showcase after the conformation judging has completed.

Thanks everyone who came and said hi!! Made the day even more enjoyable :)

We did have a stand booked for Saturday 29th but have cancelled due to lack of resources. The WSSD will still be there on the day for Group judging and we will make the same info available for everyone.

AWESOME Lili!! I've encouraged others to post in here to advertise their less common breeds (hence the thread title being so generic) so I'm glad to see it!

Good luck at the Royal and I hope it's a successful day for you and your lovely breed :)