Show Ribbons

Sue & Waldo

Waldo and I visit a nursing home regularly and there is a new resident. She used to show Ragdoll cats and she has a number of Royal Show Ribbons in a drawer. She is not coping well in ajusting to life in a Nursing Home. She told me that she would love to be able to see her ribbons so I am wondering how I can display them for her. I did a quick google search but all I came up with were hangers and she would like to display them horizontally. The only idea I came up with was stitching them on a piece of material and hanging them. She is a real sweetie so I would love to do something for her. In the meantime she can have regular Waldo cuddles.

No creative skills here so I use the holders from Ribbonmate. You hardly see them under the ribbons: http://www.ribbonmate.com/

Beats the horse manure out of my coat hanger and pegs!

Someone I know uses a pience of stretchy curtain hanger.

:laugh: I don't use the banners - just the ribbon hanging parts. Going to get a nice pic of each dog framed and hang them from the bottom.

Beautiful effort from sas :heart: Very special.

SAS did a lovely one in a Shadow Box

165661_496889788510_180128_n.jpg

wow that is awesome. Now I am going to have to think about Cindy & Waldo's ribbons as well.

I don't have much wall space...could get tricky with multiple dogs :)

I used a small rectangle of plastic garden matting sourced from hardware shop attached ribbons to it with a small stitch on each end then placed an A shape hanging cord on either end with a peice of flat dowel across centre of back to keep it flat, Now have 2 rectangular and one larger square hanging on wall and they look colourful and very 'arty'. Also used large sheet of blue shade cloth to attach many pennants/medals and rossettes to and hung with a peice of dowel at top, these bleong to Agility dog

You could cover a canvas with some nice fabric ( I use a staple gun) and sew the ribbons on to the canvas. I use felt sticker letters to create a heading. I have done this for my daughter's dance ribbons and old ballet shoes.