Husband Walking The Dogs

Maxiewolf

Really? REALLY? I mean I was simply absolutely floored when he told me this. What the heck is wrong with the public these days??

My OH was walking our two dogs today, one leash on a coupler. Walking down the foot path minding all 3 of their own businesses. And an older lady on a bicycle rides up to him and verbally abuses him saying How dare he be out walking two Large dogs with.. NO BAGS!!!. :eek: He was also too stunned to say something back to her.. but really?? No Bags?? would she have stopped and abused him if he had two little dogs? how did she know he did not have bags?? (now by bags I assume she meant poop bags... what other bags could you possibly mean?)

My husband wears Cargo shorts with enough room in the pockets to fit the dogs themselves... ie. he carries the doggie bags in his Pockets when he goes for a walk... cos I don't like great wads of tacky green plastic bags tied around the dog lead.

Did she spot some dog poop on the ground somewhere and just assume that it must be from a big dog and she would abuse the next dog owner she found? OMG? For starters our new rescue dog doesn't poop outside the yard, she is "paranoid" about it. And OH and myself ALWAYS pick up after our dogs. Hell the one time I was caught without bags, I walked to a friends house nearby.. asked for a bag and WENT BACK for the poop! I'm so glad I wasnt with him, he was too stunned to respond. I woudlnt have been. After the week of work I've had, Im one straw away from quitting my job cos im tired of being abused... I wouldn't like to be some unfortunate person who abused me on my day off outside of work - about my dogs or my husband! :o

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the week of work I've had, I'm one straw away from quitting my job cos im tired of being abused... I wouldn't like to be some unfortunate person who abused me on my day off outside of work - about my dogs or my husband! :o

Sorry you have had such a bad week ...

You didn't say just how abusive the woman was ...

Your husband probably got a shock ..I can imagine ..... and the only positive I can see is that at least there is someone else out there who does care about cleanup duties :) :o

Oh, what's wrong with the elderly of today?! It must be all of those pharmaceutical drugs that they're using! :p

That's not a nice thing to say. Not all elderly people are like that so you shouldn't generalise. I've met some pretty nasty and rude young ones too.

Penumbra is just having a funny. it's not PC but that okay :angeldevil:

Well my husbands Idea of old and my idea of old probably differ... but really I couldnt care about her age, but apparently she zoomed up beside him at quite high speed, jammed on the brakes... stopped to abuse him and pretty much peddled away before he could even think to say he had bags... not that she even deserved an answer for such a silly outburst .. o_O

Guest Labradork

Some people are just weird.

I don't like tying plastic bags to leads either. I use a Snooza bag for my placcy poo bags (I can't rememeber the name of it). It's really cool...you can fit treats, money, mobile phone, keys in there, etc.

Edited by Labradork

Oh, what's wrong with the elderly of today?! It must be all of those pharmaceutical drugs that they're using! :p

That's not a nice thing to say. Not all elderly people are like that so you shouldn't generalise. I've met some pretty nasty and rude young ones too.

Young people can be nasty too? Who woulda thunk it! :D I take it that you didn't get the joke? It was meant to be the opposite of this:

"Oh, what's wrong with the youth of today?! It must be all of those drugs that they're using!"

Seriously speaking, stereotypes do exist. And that's all I was making fun of. One of my best friends is in his mid 70s.

Well my husbands Idea of old and my idea of old probably differ... but really I couldnt care about her age, but apparently she zoomed up beside him at quite high speed, jammed on the brakes... stopped to abuse him and pretty much peddled away before he could even think to say he had bags... not that she even deserved an answer for such a silly outburst .. o_O

I've experienced and heard about several stories like this. And yeah, most of the time I've had the same reaction that your husband had. You're just shocked into blankness by the level of ignorance.

I wonder what she would have said to me with my Great Dane? Especially being that I never carried bags with me. :laugh:

Edited by Penumbra

People like that are just tryhard dropkicks though. You know, disenchanted f-wits... I remember seeing a couple of guys throwing stones at some ducks once (didn't hit any)... Why? Because they were trying to impress a girl of course. :clap:

EDIT: I meant the kind of person that you were talking about, mixeduppup. The lady who Maxiewolf was talking about probably went straight home to get confirmation from Dr. Phil that what she did was right. :p

Edited by Penumbra

Yep poopy streets are a BIG problem :mad and often those of us who do the right thing are scolded by NON dog owners, there is so much anger out in the community at moment generated by a multitude of things, that unfortuneately sometimes the tinest little thing is the trigger that causes incidents like this. While I certainly don't condone this type of behaviour, at least she didn't ram bike into your OH or dogs so that is one positive.

People yelling at you about not picking up after your dog when you have, people throwing rocks at dogs in off-leash areas... these things are really disconcerting. Sometimes I wish there was more information through school programs (obviously not classes) and community events that would help people to become more tolerant of dogs and dog owners. Not to mention more education (perhaps even licensing) for dog owners so there are fewer irresponsible ones.

I swear there's a culture of fear around dogs in Victoria, several of my friends are terrified of them due to experiences they've had with poorly trained dogs as children and others have preconceived ideas about the behaviour of specific "types" of dogs (one believes any toy breed or small terrier will tear off your eyebrows if your face is within reach).