Guess The Breed......

Does he have a multi coloured tongue? Many Sharpei and Sharpei cross have distinctive blue-black on their tongues.

I've seen quite a few Mastiff cross or bull mastiff with that colouring too. And Great Danes.

I'm not sure about the sharpei - the ones I see have much smaller ears, and the face wrinkles are there all the time, not just when they're trying to figure out what you're doing with the camera.

Pug x perhaps? Depending on size, although there is a pug x of some kind I see around where I work quite regularly and it's about beagle sized, so not a little dog.

Immediate reaction? Definitely some Shar Pei there. Next thought? If it weren't for the pup's size, I thought of Pug as well. If Pug, I sure as hell hope the Pug was the father and not the mum :eek::eek:

Thanks for the replies, not sure what colour his tongue is - will ask my FC about that one

He has quite coarse hair, very soft and short around the face but the body hair is quite coarse

Of course he is a real cuddlebum and I have already had a couple of enquiries about him :)

Through fear of being flamed dare I say this term.....my thoughts.....pei x "jug"....seriously don't like using the word but have seen a few "jugs" around lately.... ETA looks like it in first photo - not so much in second though.

Edited by Just Andrea

Could be a badly bred bone mouth Shar Pei too...

Fling some pics to Ams - she'll have a better idea than most as to whether he's a full bred or cross Pei.

T.

No way is the dog a full anything. I'd go for Shar Pei cross.

Stranger things have happened - I've seen some quite leggy pure Peis... pure but not well bred...

T.

Having a pei cross in my care at present I can say I think this little one also has some pei in it based on the front end but it would have to be a cross because the snout is the wrong shape, there's not enough head wrinkles at that age, it is also big looking for that age and the ears are too big. Is there any curl to the tail? Usually the ears are just triangles without the extra bit at the bottom to pop them up. The eyes look like my girl here, as does the coat, including the large freckles on the back leg that I can see. Usually there is curl in the tail with the bum always clearly on display. Hair wise it sounds exactly like mine - spiky on the body but short and soft around the head and neck. And I've seen a couple of pei-staffy crosses now but they didn't look like this.

My foster is around 6 months old now and all legs. We think her daddy was a bull arab. She is currently just a smidge taller than my sbt but wont grow much bigger. Her head is like a big rectangle and she loves a smooch!

Ams will be able to tell you for sure if she sees this thread.

Totally gorgeous..

I am going with Pei cross as well..

My sister had a gorgeous Pei cross who had the course hair, I had never felt anything quite like it.. She used to call him Velcro dog.. Because he felt like Velcro and he was always stuck to her..

Spikey all sticky up hair like a dunny brush crew cut - is a sharpei thing. The rest of him - still thinking Bull Mastiff or Great Dane. See if FC can get him to say "ah" for a treat and a tongue colour check. If he shows no interest in the treat - also a common shar pei trait. I think he's way too big already to be part pug.