Good Quality Dog Bed

fuzzy82

I've bought various beds for the dogs, and the stuffing in all of them moves around or compresses, so after a while the bed is flat and hard and horrible. When it's on the floor and I put my hand on it, all I feel is the hardness of the floor, so no wonder the dogs won't sleep on them most of the time.

Rather than keep buying cheap ones that will need to be replaced, I wanna buy a good quality one that will last a long time. So just wondering about people's experiences with various brands and where to get them etc?

I'd like the mattress style, but suggestions for the doughnut style is fine too. It's for a small dog.

We use the Snooza futons here, all the dogs love them. They are the longest lasting beds I've had, for some reason the dogs aren't interested in de-stuffing them, although that has been a favourite pastime with other beds of lesser quality. The beds aren't super cheap, but you can get replacement covers, which is handly, means you can have a cover in the wash and a fresh cover on the bed.

They (Snooza) claim they are warm in winter and cool in summer - I'll have to take their word for it, as I haven't slept on one :laugh:

Snooza D1000 gets my vote.

We use the Snooza futons here, all the dogs love them. They are the longest lasting beds I've had, for some reason the dogs aren't interested in de-stuffing them, although that has been a favourite pastime with other beds of lesser quality. The beds aren't super cheap, but you can get replacement covers, which is handly, means you can have a cover in the wash and a fresh cover on the bed.

They (Snooza) claim they are warm in winter and cool in summer - I'll have to take their word for it, as I haven't slept on one :laugh:

I don't have to take their word for it as I have dozed off on it several times. eek1.giflaugh.gif

My guys love an old dressing gown on the floor, I have bought them some great quality beds but the pile of dressing gowns wins each time :laugh:

Although my youngest pug does love his barkaparka beanbag bed, and the removable cover is great to just throw in the washing machine. Some dogs don't like the squishy beanbag feel though.

I use covers from Molly Mutt (mollymutt.com) and then fill them with doonas from Big W (at $10 each). They last long and they look good.

The Snooza D1000 is also great quality.

ETA: A few Australian companies sell the Molly Mutt covers, but you can get them for less direct if you email them. They have great customer service too.

Edited by megan_

Guest Labradork

Snooza is my favourite brand and I get the Flea Free raised bed with the pet futon on the top. Also, Snooza Cuddlers have been popular with my Labs...and you can buy bags of extra filling if you need it.

http://www.snooza.com.au/index.php/snooza_store/raised-beds.html

Also, Bono Fido make a great Lounger type bed in their Country Road range.

http://www.bonofido.com/products/Country-Road-Range/66060

A metal crate with a pet futon inside is always handy too :)

Edited by Labradork

Snooza futons are lovely.....if you don't have a bed destroyer :laugh:

I bought 2 Snooza D1000s for their crates 2 and 5 years ago - not a mark on either of them, I throw a blanket over the top and the dogs love them. During the day, they like the round high sided bed to snuggle in. Or the lounge :)

Guest Labradork

I bought 2 Snooza D1000s for their crates 2 and 5 years ago - not a mark on either of them, I throw a blanket over the top and the dogs love them. During the day, they like the round high sided bed to snuggle in. Or the lounge :)

For the first time ever I have a bed destroyer :laugh:

I will have to get something more heavy duty if it continues, so thanks for that TSD :)

Edited by Labradork

Thanks everyone, seems like snooza is the way to go :)

Molly Mutt looks great, but I don't like the DIY aspect, and for the one I would want it doesn't seem much cheaper than the snooza.

Still open to suggestions :)

I also endorse Snooza futons & my boy was a couch & bed destroyer, but only my bed, never his own.

Guest Labradork

I have a friend who puts her old pillows inside a Snooza cover, which she puts on top of a raised bed. She has a Kelpie.

Edited by Labradork

Snooza futons are good - but the big hit in my household is the Snooza Cuddler - Getting good value from this as Kirra sleeps in it every night - she likes to rest her chin up on things, so the higher walls suit her - and then the BC cat often spends her day in the Cuddler. Rory occasionally gets to use it, when Kirra kicks him out of his PP crate when she feels like using it :rofl: . Mind you - my animals are not bed destroyers.

I cut a 4 inch foam mattress to size and made a polar fleece cover or two I could take off and wash. Never gone hard yet

For the non-sewer's amongst us :o this would probably work well inside an old doona cover as well.

Another vote for Snooza beds here. I love that they are fully washable and replacement stuffing, covers etc. are available.

The best photo I have of my dog in his bed is a rather gratuitous "hello girls" one though, so I will post a link instead. :o

We have this one in red: My link

Also, Bono Fido make a great Lounger type bed in their Country Road range.

http://www.bonofido.com/products/Country-Road-Range/66060

I am a snooza owner x many too. However, I now have 6 of these around the house and the dogs love them

http://www.mypetwarehouse.com.au/BONO-FIDO-STAYDRY-2-BASKET-KHAKI-OLIVE-1-SMALL-62X45X25CM-p-10033

We have both these types of beds throughout the house and both dogs love them. Whenever the stuffing gets flat, I just go and get a cheapie fill in from Go Low or similar shop and use that to 'puff up' the bed. Works great. :thumbsup: