Doggy Christmas 2012

tlc

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the expressions CC, lol

Week 3 puppy Christmas pic done. think this is getting harder not easier. I'm running out of ideas and they are getting way more mobile and harder to keep in place. It took 1 hour of tiring them out today before I could manage this. LOL

3weeks32of9_zps24ab632c.jpg

They have started having little supervised outside time. Going outside is mentally exhausting at the moment so when we came inside after 10 mins they pretty much crashed exactly where I placed them. Prior to that they had been playing in their pen in the loungeroom and showing no signs of slowing down.

Here's my two, which I took yesterday. I may have to do another set though because a certain Mister Zeusling ruined their sitting poses with his lipstick :o and Kirah's eye is weeping quite a lot :(

Oh and the flash ruined the visibility of their sign which reads "10 days til Christmas and we've been PAWFECT ANGELS <3 Zeus and Kirah".

post-21435-0-31975400-1355652740_thumb.jpg

I gave Banshee her very own page just for her "if looks could kill" photos. :rofl:

:rofl:

Piper - Such little cuties :love:

That's sweet RiverStar, love the staging :D

I may have to do another set though because a certain Mister Zeusling ruined their sitting poses with his lipstick :o

I did have the same problem with Louis :o

My 'outakes' :laugh:

8277515806_b7e452339d_z.jpg

8277515926_3cfb4ab9cd_z.jpg

And this was the very last shot - just about sums up how they were feeling :rofl:

8276458101_74ba552eb9_z.jpg

Hey guys!

Well this was a biggie for me... I made my first ever composite... using FOUR photos!!! This was for our Christmas card..... and my first ever real time playing with PhotoShop!

This is the original

8280602040_c4493ae360_z.jpg

Thoughts?? My partner liked this 'preset' for the old childrens book look... so it became our Christmas card!

8279542309_180858bac1_z.jpg

MnDM

Edit: Flickr is hating me and not showing my photos.... will be back to hopefully show you soon!

Edited by Monet n Diva's Mum

Thats excellent M&Dm, Are you using PS 6, it has an action in it called content aware fill, you could have totally wiped out that beam behind the dogs, its a great tool for getting rid of stuff. I keep looking at both of them, I quite like the first one but the second one looks more natural. Is that Diva in the middle, she looks psyched for Christmas. :laugh: Benson looks so happy too!

Yea composites sure are time consuming! lol. You know what you could have also done, once you had the dogs all on the one page you could have put a xmas texture over the back wall. I thought they would be so hard to do but they are so easy. Snook helped me with a tutorial, smooth coated dogs would be super easy too. Anyway it looks great, but come on really you didnt need to do a composite you could have got them all sitting nicely with hats on couldn't you? :rofl:

I have tried with my guys, I have 100'2, 1000's of the four of them together but getting the head gear to stay on while I shoot the photo, not going to happen! :laugh: only managed to get one to stay on!

Oh trying to get all four is impossible! Usually only ever get one per photo to do what you want! Plus it was a tight spot where I shot, so all four wouldn't have fit!

Yeah I thought about textures!

With PS how do you save them so all your layers can be undone... Or is that unable to be done? I saved the first one with text, then realised it would be better on left side but it was saved as jpeg... I gather that's the issue!

I have no idea, I make the photo in PS and add the text in picasa, its so easy and if you make a collage in picasa you can go back and edit it at any time. I only use PS for a couple of things. I wish I had more time to watch some tutorials and learn how to use it properly. I use LR4 for all my editing other than collages and text.