Things Your Dogs Love To Do

grumpette

My girl's all time favourite thing is a tad embarrassing. She ADORES having her inner thighs rubbed. She has been know to fling herself against visitors on the lounge (even ones she doesn't know) displaying all her worldly girly goods, looking at them lovingly hoping for a scratch in her favourite spot. If you can imagine a pied SBT in the same position as that last pic in Wobbly's avatar above then that is pretty much what she offers up but normally it will be across a strangers lap or propped up against their chest. And of course she wriggles and ungently guides your hands with her front paws so contact with her girly bits whilst trying to scratch her favourite spot is on the cards. Ewwww.

I wish she preferred swimming or playing with balls!

I can so picture this, she sounds like a Stafford who belonged to a woman I used to work with. She would come into work sometimes and as soon as she saw, well, anyone, she'd be at their feet, on her back, wriggling round like a nutter for belly rubs :laugh:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you so much for the lovely compliment.

I love to hear about what everyones dogs like to do. It's great so many people are so active with their dogs and their dogs live a full life, I'd love to be closer to places that do other activities, fly ball agility etc but we just make our own fun.

A couple of my guys at Kepala, we don't get there often enough but when we do they make the most of it. :laugh:

9e454c9d.jpg

1aeb21dc.jpg

The agility run was all mud but the dogs didnt care. :laugh:

d62fccbe.jpg

3a96836c.jpg

Guess what the boys are looking at here?

90711fac.jpg

I am so envious, I want to go somewhere like that. :rofl:

It is such a great place, we have been a few times now, but I live 3 hours west so its a bit of a trip for us. I have a friend who lives 10 mins away and we have been together a couple of times. It's the price that kills me, if you have limited number of dogs it's $15 each, so for me its $60 and I think that was for 2 hours, might have been an hour and a half, I can't remember exactly. We did a group booking once and we had over 10 dogs so it was $10 per dog.

Wow, that makes me really appreciate what I have here - a big sandy ex quarry with 3 huge dams, which we mostly have all to ourselves, only 15 mins drive away. We are so lucky.

I take my dog there almost every day. I need to get some new photos of her there though, these are a bit old now. I always forget to take my camera, I will try to remember tomorrow.

I've never bathed my dog - don't need to she swims every day. XD

Some gratuitous shots of the best dog walking spot in the world.

Walking on water

P1170033.jpg

Aquatic zoomies:

PC150037.jpg

Zoomies of the more traditional land based type, on the nice soft quarry sand:

PC150019.jpg

Thats great love the walking on water one!

I love living close to the beach but will admit to not going as often as I would like too. The dogs love it.

A couple more Our beach

file-136.jpg

file-135.jpg

We are so lucky to have two dedicated dog beaches in town and about 15 minutes out is another where you can just walk for miles.

My boy loves his outings, the more variety the better! Haven't taken the camera out for ages, so most of these photos are from a while ago.

Beaches are good!

8184792594_b698b6f740.jpg

8184796636_bd0c6bd053.jpg

Streams are good.

8184759811_daec57a73d.jpg

8184796726_582c5e0805.jpg

Rural adventures are good.

8184762077_ee8b7d2eb0.jpg

Bush trails are good.

8184760005_9692b937e6.jpg

And it's even better if we do it in winter.

8184796798_012521c433.jpg

He's pretty happy to throw himself into icy ponds when it's snowing too. My hands were so frozen that I didn't get any photos of that. He wishes it snowed here every year. :D

Great shots, beautiful country side. I have taken mine to the snow once (bit of a trek from here) and I wasn't sure if they would like it but they absolutley had a ball. They were face planting in the snow and all, I have photos somewhere! of course!! :laugh:

Wobbly I am so green with envy. What a great place :)

It really is the most awesome spot, we are so lucky to have it.

I'm insanely jealous of your back yard, mines all on different levels, so playing fetch the ball bounces down hills into inaccessible spots and zoomies there calls for some pretty tight turns. My yard would be more suitable for serious rock climbers than doggy antics. Yours is big and green and grassy and open and just amazing.

I'd be worried about taking my dog to the snow, bully breeds have such skimpy hair, I'd worry she'd be cold - great fun for dogs with lovely fluffy coats though I bet. XD

I thought mine would freeze even though coated so I put thier winter woolies on. But I dont think they felt the cold one little bit, too busy running. :laugh: They did all snuggle together in the car on the way home though.

Haha tlc, your dogs have lovely fluffy coats! I bet they had a ball!

We're all about sunshine. Life's a beach:

P4111306.jpg

Life is also a river (you can just see Jarrah's little head in the middle of the river, she LOVES to swim):

P5051376.jpg

When there's no sunshine to be had nothing beats snuggling up by a heater in a sleeping bag:

P6241664.jpg

Edited by Wobbly

Wobbly I am so green with envy. What a great place :)

It really is the most awesome spot, we are so lucky to have it.

I'm insanely jealous of your back yard, mines all on different levels, so playing fetch the ball bounces down hills into inaccessible spots and zoomies there calls for some pretty tight turns. My yard would be more suitable for serious rock climbers than doggy antics. Yours is big and green and grassy and open and just amazing.

I'd be worried about taking my dog to the snow, bully breeds have such skimpy hair, I'd worry she'd be cold - great fun for dogs with lovely fluffy coats though I bet. XD

You'd be surprised! My families staffs back in the UK loooove running through the snow - they never seem to feel the cold and have to be coaxed back inside by the fire :laugh:

Haha I will have to take her one day, we call her little princess precious paws because she's reluctant to even get her dainty little tootsies wet on dewy grass on winter mornings, I wonder what she'd make of snow? After the initial shock she probably would adore it.

My boy loves his outings, the more variety the better! Haven't taken the camera out for ages, so most of these photos are from a while ago.

Beaches are good!

8184792594_b698b6f740.jpg

8184796636_bd0c6bd053.jpg

Streams are good.

8184759811_daec57a73d.jpg

8184796726_582c5e0805.jpg

Rural adventures are good.

8184762077_ee8b7d2eb0.jpg

Bush trails are good.

8184760005_9692b937e6.jpg

And it's even better if we do it in winter.

8184796798_012521c433.jpg

He's pretty happy to throw himself into icy ponds when it's snowing too. My hands were so frozen that I didn't get any photos of that. He wishes it snowed here every year. :D

AAAAWWWWW your dog is so beautiful, though I don't share his love of cold weather, I love the heat. :laugh: