Puppy Sniffer - Santa's Little Helper Is Injured

Guest Ams

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aw shucks, i have a thread! i knew i'd broken my wrist as soon as i fell but didn't know i'd shattered it so badly. likely due to my vitamin d deficiency. they couldn't find any veins to beta block and put my hand back in place so they had to sedate me and even though they'd only given me a fifth of the sedative i stopped breathing and it took 10 mins to bring me back to the land of the properly living. no bright white light but lime green and black squares and i had no idea whether i was a human being or a wall or what. very wierd experience. so i've got a sore nose from trying to be unsuccessfully tubed, a badly bitten lip from unsuccessfully being intubated, a sore neck from being held in place to do these things and a sore chest where they kept running their knuckles over it to get a response from me. i came too sobbing like the world's biggest baby with my sister trying to settle me. all over missing one bloody stair and a wrist!

had the ct scan this arvo and can't do anything with that arm or hand so my poor sister, i feel like sheldon off big bang - dannie! dannie! dannie! still off with the fairies on painkillers but not as much as yesterday. the ones i'm on give me little itches everywhere.

surgery with a very tasty viking looking man this wed arvo to plate all the loose bits which i can actually feel moving underneath this cast. hopefuuly a couple of days on discomfort and i can become independant again. going for a lime green cast and geting the dogs to add some paw prints!

and finally some food this arvo - no food since sat night. i did get tea and a banana before i left the hospital but the smorgasbord of drugs in me rejected that on the front lawn. oh the dizzy last night.

so advice for all of you - even if you don't want to wake unwanted guests do turn the lights on to avoid this scenario. unwanted guests will just have to suck it up!

currently moments of excitement include staying awake for more than half an hour and finding positions to hold my arm in that keep the pain levels down. this cast weighs a tonne.

oh and it is my left arm and i'm a rightie but i didn't realise how useful 2 hands and arms were for bathing, drying, dressing, etc. i've been taking that second limb for granted!

34 more mins till next painkiller due......and counting!

my sister has been taking unattractive photos of me for her own amusement so there will be new cast pics too and hopefully my eyes wont be rolling into the back of my head in them! this time tomorrow i will be awaiting some viking action and permanent relief!

and harley we are aiming for elevation as much as possible. i have pillows all over my bed!

PS didn't end up getting her lime green cast. They have put her in a removable external brace as the wounds need to heal. I do however have a wicked plan. I will get her in lime green one way or another.

PS didn't end up getting her lime green cast. They have put her in a removable external brace as the wounds need to heal. I do however have a wicked plan. I will get her in lime green one way or another.

Two words - vet wrap!

I have vet wrap in funky colours, mostly purple, because I regularly need bandages for myself and plain ones are sooooo boring I use them over normal bandages to funk them up a bit!

Two words - vet wrap!

I have vet wrap in funky colours, mostly purple, because I regularly need bandages for myself and plain ones are sooooo boring I use them over normal bandages to funk them up a bit!

Aww you ruined my surprise for her. frown.gif

Two words - vet wrap!

Aww you ruined my surprise for her. frown.gif

Oops, sorry! I'll delete my post, and you delete yours quoting me and she'll be none the wiser!