New Rescue

Oh well forget all ideas of many of us giving you any donations or help.

Why would you want to start out with such a handicap is beyond me.

well I hope they at least get a muzzle for the non cat safe one, fancy taking on such a dog when you have a cat and not have a muzzle for it. Goes to show how well thought out this all was when they are asking for food, bedding, coats, toys, collars,muzzles.

We do have muzzles 4 in fact. You obviously have an issue why dont you just not read the thread or stalk the facebook page if it upsets you so much. You have way too much time on your hands

so your plea for someone to donate a muzzle has worked. Bet the cat is glad of that.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I hope they at least get a muzzle for the non cat safe one, fancy taking on such a dog when you have a cat and not have a muzzle for it. Goes to show how well thought out this all was when they are asking for food, bedding, coats, toys, collars,muzzles.

We do have muzzles 4 in fact. You obviously have an issue why dont you just not read the thread or stalk the facebook page if it upsets you so much. You have way too much time on your hands

so your plea for someone to donate a muzzle has worked. Bet the cat is glad of that.

Actually we had one for Ina already here waiting for her. Your pretty rude and its very disturbing how a grown woman stalks people then attacks them on a forum to fill in their day.

Edited by Greylvr

Actually we had one for Ina already here waiting for her. Your pretty rude and its very disturbing how a grown woman stalks people then attacks them on a forum to fill in their day.

That's not what your FB page said. Report me if you think this is an attack, easy to do.

That's not what your FB page said. Report me if you think this is an attack, easy to do.

There are places that sell them here. We found some really nice ones

Edited by Greylvr

And you are a rude woman to ignore the efforts gone in to providing you with lots of information about running a rescue responsibly and what needs to be considered to avoid problems.

You were warned that organisations are held to higher standards and given less privacy than individuals. Get used to it. You have already started making big problems for yourself in your first few days.

And you are a rude woman to ignore the efforts gone in to providing you with lots of information about running a rescue responsibly and what needs to be considered to avoid problems.

You were warned that organisations are held to higher standards and given less privacy than individuals. Get used to it. You have already started making big problems for yourself in your first few days.

Actually I have taken in everything people have said, and made contacts with other rescues who have been doing this a long time, who are willing to talk any time I may need. I have taken what was said today in too. This person is on some kick there is no need for it but I guess its all in fun for her.

I have no problems with people talking to me, asking questions but she doesnt care or have questions she wants to attack and belittle

Edited by Greylvr

I already started with a handicap just from posting on this forum what I wanted to do, got a great welcome into how crappy some people can be involved in rescue just glad I found some greyhound rescues that are ok with helping, sharing and networking.

I wish you luck - I never afforded you a handicap because you posted here and most people who were reading and not posting would have felt as I did.

You certainly seemed to have progressed from asking advice to being in up to your neck and I hope in the mean time you have covered the basics including having council approval to run a business from your residence and that you have permission for the dog numbers. I also hope you consider how when you bring a strange dog in straight from kennels via transport that you put your family at risk for health issues and unknown temperament risks and you have that managed as well.

I don't understand why you have plunged into this so quickly. What was the hurry? You could have taken all the posts in this thread on board, networked with other Greyhound rescues and learnt about greys and the legal requirements in Vic before you got your first rescue. Maybe then you wouldn't have the Pound Round issue.

Sorry, but it seems very rushed, unplanned and not as thought out as I would hope a rescue to be.

Also, there is a difference between being attacked and being either questioned or held to account for things you have said previously.

Edited by rebelsquest

Yes you have been really great actually. Thanks dont really want to start behind the 8 ball. Ok so we have PR issue on one side and then on the other hand we have a group of people stalking the page just hoping to find something bad so they can run off to the forums and down us. Looks like we are off to a great start

The rescue world is like a battlefield sometimes. Sad but true.

I don't think you should be judged on taking a PR dog - I think that can happen to most people with good intentions. And even most of the negative things people will say about PR can't actually be backed up with proof, so it comes across as hearsay. But I think you're definitely armed with a lot of information about them now to make a judgment call and there are a lot of people you can talk to about them who are willing to share their experiences.

People tend to forget that mistakes happen, regardless of how much you try to avoid them. It's how we learn from those mistakes that define us - whether personally or as a group.

How is it involved, we simply took a dog 1 from them and 1 from a trainer.

Simple is as simple does. I have followed this thread thinking you were doing the right thing BUT you have just sunk your rescue group before it even started :( Good luck Greylvr I would NEVER recommend a rescue group that has anything to do with PR.

Yes you have been really great actually. Thanks dont really want to start behind the 8 ball. Ok so we have PR issue on one side and then on the other hand we have a group of people stalking the page just hoping to find something bad so they can run off to the forums and down us. Looks like we are off to a great start

The rescue world is like a battlefield sometimes. Sad but true.

I don't think you should be judged on taking a PR dog - I think that can happen to most people with good intentions. And even most of the negative things people will say about PR can't actually be backed up with proof, so it comes across as hearsay. But I think you're definitely armed with a lot of information about them now to make a judgment call and there are a lot of people you can talk to about them who are willing to share their experiences.

People tend to forget that mistakes happen, regardless of how much you try to avoid them. It's how we learn from those mistakes that define us - whether personally or as a group.

Thank you, I do understand though how people are saying here, most are trying to offer help and suggestions but some just really need to walk away and play with their dogs to work off some hostility. We will be fine I do see now why most rescues dont visit forums so thats another lesson learned.

Simple is as simple does. I have followed this thread thinking you were doing the right thing BUT you have just sunk your rescue group before it even started :( Good luck Greylvr I would NEVER recommend a rescue group that has anything to do with PR.

No problem its not like you would have given us a chance anyway. The whole PR thing is understandable and I will be off to read the whole thread.

Actually Plan B - there IS quite a bit of first hand reporting about the Pound Round issues... from people who have been stung by them after having a completely unsuitable dog shipped to them, to people who have been harassed and threatened by them for voicing their concerns about PR's practices...

But it's all about "saving" the dogs from the evil pound system, isn't it?

I think the most valuable lesson many in rescue tend to have to learn the hard way is that not every animal should be "saved"...

May I ask Greylvr, what are your plans for dogs that turn out to be unrehomable?

T.

No problem its not like you would have given us a chance anyway. The whole PR thing is understandable and I will be off to read the whole thread.

Ah yes I would...read post #4 :shrug:

Actually Plan B - there IS quite a bit of first hand reporting about the Pound Round issues... from people who have been stung by them after having a completely unsuitable dog shipped to them, to people who have been harassed and threatened by them for voicing their concerns about PR's practices...

I think the most valuable lesson many in rescue tend to have to learn the hard way is that not every animal should be "saved"...

May I ask Greylvr, what are your plans for dogs that turn out to be unrehomable?

T.

Euthanasia its far more humane than having a unsound dog live a life of misery.

Ah yes I would...read post #4 :shrug:

Sorry got you mixed up with someone else. My apologies :(

T.

OK - you've given me another thing to like about you... *grin*

None of my questioning in this thread has been done in malice. I am just genuinely trying to offer advice to help you get the most out of your venture. Rescue isn't a competition - even though sometimes it feels like it is - we are all trying to do the same thing, rehoming dogs well.

Not everyone is going to agree with the methods we use to achieve the goal of rehoming our charges to great forever homes, but the goal of all good and honest rescues is the same, yes? Those of us who've been in this game a while can get a little jaded and appear to be suspicious of new ventures - but you just have to look at groups farming out dogs willy nilly like PR does, and you can probably start to understand why we act the way we do.

I'm willing to bet that PR didn't check out anything about you or your new venture before happily sending you a dog (or 2) - surely that should ring some alarm bells? Would you send a dog to anyone you hadn't checked out quite thoroughly, and most probably in person? The 2 dogs they shipped to you don't sound like they had spent any time together - what if they decide that they DON'T like each other and you are stuck contending with that scenario around your young children and your cat?

I truly hope you don't get stuck with an untenable situation if you deal with PR.

T.

T.

OK - you've given me another thing to like about you... *grin*

None of my questioning in this thread has been done in malice. I am just genuinely trying to offer advice to help you get the most out of your venture. Rescue isn't a competition - even though sometimes it feels like it is - we are all trying to do the same thing, rehoming dogs well.

Not everyone is going to agree with the methods we use to achieve the goal of rehoming our charges to great forever homes, but the goal of all good and honest rescues is the same, yes? Those of us who've been in this game a while can get a little jaded and appear to be suspicious of new ventures - but you just have to look at groups farming out dogs willy nilly like PR does, and you can probably start to understand why we act the way we do.

I'm willing to bet that PR didn't check out anything about you or your new venture before happily sending you a dog (or 2) - surely that should ring some alarm bells? Would you send a dog to anyone you hadn't checked out quite thoroughly, and most probably in person? The 2 dogs they shipped to you don't sound like they had spent any time together - what if they decide that they DON'T like each other and you are stuck contending with that scenario around your young children and your cat?

I truly hope you don't get stuck with an untenable situation if you deal with PR.

T.

yes I do think we all want the same thing, and farming out dogs are not what is best for the dogs. No I wouldnt send a dog out without the home check and visit with the dog among other things

Ummm, Greylvr - may I make a suggestion about the advertising of your charges? Victoria law states that you must include a microchip number when advertising a dog for sale/rehoming.

You don't want the authorities coming down on you at this stage of the game, right?

T.

Ummm, Greylvr - may I make a suggestion about the advertising of your charges? Victoria law states that you must include a microchip number when advertising a dog for sale/rehoming.

You don't want the authorities coming down on you at this stage of the game, right?

T.

Yeah I knew that sorry my husband put the information through.