New Rescue

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said I wont foster for GAP or GSN or pound rounds actually? If I had room and any rescue contacted me to take a dog I would.

If I had room and one of the rescues that I have been in contact needed to have someone foster a dog I would for them. You guys are getting to the point of acting childish

Edited by Greylvr

I said I wont foster for GAP or GSN or pound rounds actually? If I had room and any rescue contacted me to take a dog I would.

If I had room and one of the rescues that I have been in contact needed to have someone foster a dog I would for them. You guys are getting to the point of acting childish

So you aren't fostering this dog for PR?

I have read some of it, but they needed help with the dog and are sending it down to us no strings attached

It will likely have kennel cough attached (at best) so hope you have a good quaranteen facility set up.

ah too late - I see she is in the house on the human bed?

So you aren't fostering this dog for PR?

No I am not fostering her

I have read some of it, but they needed help with the dog and are sending it down to us no strings attached

It will likely have kennel cough attached (at best) so hope you have a good quaranteen facility set up.

She isnt fresh from the pound she actually has been in their care for some time now.

ah too late - I see she is in the house on the human bed?

Yup thanks for following us so closely :thumbsup:

Has she been desexed yet, and do you have any of her paperwork (chip registration, desex certificate, vaccination certificate, etc)??? If you haven't got, or haven't been offered those things, then you ARE actually fostering for Pound Rounds...

Who is the dog chipped to? You, or someone else? Have they started/done the transfer of ownership on said chip yet? If she came from NSW she will be chipped on the NSW CAR register - and you need to get her transferred to your own name before you can rehome her.

T.

Has she been desexed yet, and do you have any of her paperwork (chip registration, desex certificate, vaccination certificate, etc)??? If you haven't got, or haven't been offered those things, then you ARE actually fostering for Pound Rounds...

Who is the dog chipped to? You, or someone else? Have they started/done the transfer of ownership on said chip yet? If she came from NSW she will be chipped on the NSW CAR register - and you need to get her transferred to your own name before you can rehome her.

T.

Everything is sorted

Ina is de sexed Lucky is not but she just had pups pulled off her so the vet we took her to today said to book an appointment after Christmas.

I'd still be double checking all paperwork regarding ownership of any dog sent to you by Pound Rounds... better safe than sorry.

Much as it may sound like it, we aren't trying to bag you here - we are genuinely trying to make sure you aren't stung by a group that has a pretty poor track record when it comes to placement of dogs.

Which dog came to you from Pound Rounds? Ina or Lucky?

T.

I'd still be double checking all paperwork regarding ownership of any dog sent to you by Pound Rounds... better safe than sorry.

Much as it may sound like it, we aren't trying to bag you here - we are genuinely trying to make sure you aren't stung by a group that has a pretty poor track record when it comes to placement of dogs.

Which dog came to you from Pound Rounds? Ina or Lucky?

T.

I understand that but some of the attitudes here are just un called for, the snide comments thrown in with advice isnt going to make someone say "Oh your so nice I see you are trying to help let me talk to you more" If you know what I mean.

Ina came to us from them directly, they had her for a bit.

Lucky came to us from a guy who was told to have her put down and he wanted her saved. He asked PR if they new anyone who would take her so they paid her shipping down to me.

How is it involved, we simply took a dog 1 from them and 1 from a trainer.

By taking one dog from them, you are involving yourself with them. I don't understand when there is a long thread about pound rounds, why you wouldn't have read it first. Due diligence and all that. But each to their own, hope everyone comes out ok....

T.

Absolutely - and if she came down on road transport she will likely have picked up kennel cough regardless of where she is from unfortunatwly

Hi Greylvr,

You'll remember I didn't string you up previously, so I'm not digging here at all but I can't warn you away from Pound Rounds strongly enough. I understand that you have just taken a dog from them but I really strongly recommend you cut all ties and have nothing to do with them in the future. It will end badly and reflect very badly on your new rescue too. Best of luck.

People in rescue rarely agree on much but you know you have to pay attention when they're all agreeing and saying the same thing. :laugh:

Greylvr, I haven't made any snide comments to you and have been nothing but supportive. But I have to tell you to watch your back with Pound Rounds, regardless of how involved you think you are. Even by taking one dog off their hands, you are enabling them, and once you learn more and more about PR, you'll realise it's not a group you want to be associated with in any way, shape, or form.

Everyone can appreciate this is about the individual dog. But there comes a time when you have to evaluate what is best for animal welfare - this single dog or dogs as a whole. And if it's the latter, you'll want to cut ties with PR immediately.

That group will be your downfall.

People in rescue rarely agree on much but you know you have to pay attention when they're all agreeing and saying the same thing. :laugh:

Greylvr, I haven't made any snide comments to you and have been nothing but supportive. But I have to tell you to watch your back with Pound Rounds, regardless of how involved you think you are. Even by taking one dog off their hands, you are enabling them, and once you learn more and more about PR, you'll realise it's not a group you want to be associated with in any way, shape, or form.

Everyone can appreciate this is about the individual dog. But there comes a time when you have to evaluate what is best for animal welfare - this single dog or dogs as a whole. And if it's the latter, you'll want to cut ties with PR immediately.

That group will be your downfall.

Yes you have been really great actually. Thanks dont really want to start behind the 8 ball. Ok so we have PR issue on one side and then on the other hand we have a group of people stalking the page just hoping to find something bad so they can run off to the forums and down us. Looks like we are off to a great start

Oh well forget all ideas of many of us giving you any donations or help.

Why would you want to start out with such a handicap is beyond me.

I already started with a handicap just from posting on this forum what I wanted to do, got a great welcome into how crappy some people can be involved in rescue just glad I found some greyhound rescues that are ok with helping, sharing and networking.

well I hope they at least get a muzzle for the non cat safe one, fancy taking on such a dog when you have a cat and not have a muzzle for it. Goes to show how well thought out this all was when they are asking for food, bedding, coats, toys, collars,muzzles.

well I hope they at least get a muzzle for the non cat safe one, fancy taking on such a dog when you have a cat and not have a muzzle for it. Goes to show how well thought out this all was when they are asking for food, bedding, coats, toys, collars,muzzles.

We do have muzzles 4 in fact. You obviously have an issue why dont you just not read the thread or stalk the facebook page if it upsets you so much. You have way too much time on your hands

Edited by Greylvr