Junk

I would think you guys would be more concerned about the recent attack and killing that happened to 1 rescue surprised you guys aren't lynching them ba things can happen doesn't mean the people they happen to are bad people

Yes, the attack is concerning to everyone.

I would however like to point out that the "recent" attack happened in October.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what effect will it have? No dogs are dying because the rescue took her, no dogs have a longer wait

Perhaps the dog that was going to go to the carer that now has 'your' dog is dead, as the carer is no longer available to take it :shrug:

Nope thats not what happened please stop trying to start rumors that are not true. I am not here to argue I am here to only see that lies are not being spread and this did not happen.

I would think you guys would be more concerned about the recent attack and killing that happened to 1 rescue surprised you guys aren't lynching them ba things can happen doesn't mean the people they happen to are bad people

Yes, the attack is concerning to everyone.

I would however like to point out that the "recent" attack happened in October.

Ok I got this now. So an attack that happened 2 months ago is ok because the rescue felt bad and attack doesnt look bad on the breed or rescue dogs got it. For the record before you all jump to conclusions I think the rescue made a mistake and things happen I believe the rescuer that said the dogs didnt show any signs. Like I said things happen.

Now a rescue transferring a dog to another rescue is bad for the breed and rescues

A rescue who puts a dog into another foster home is bad for the breed and rescue.

This is how you guys are coming across and I fail to see how you guys see things this way.

Now to set things straight.

Lucky in under our care and in a foster home.

Ina was transferred to another rescue that I know will do right by her.

Never were the dogs at risk of being put down or dumped into a shelter

I wont argue with you guys I will simply point out the untruths and when the thread dies I will not be returning to DOL but I wont let you guys make up stories I cant stop you from making up lies on your facbook groups but here I can at least set the record straight.

Edited by Greylvr

If Lucky is not in your home, and you do not have paperwork to say she is yours then why are you saying that she is in your care? The foster carer that has her now can do whatever they like with her.

How do you know what will happen to Ina? How long have you known the people that have her?

I am not sure how this relates to anything that has happened in another group. This thread is about what you are doing.

Greylvr, may I suggest you take a small step back and look at this whole saga from a different perspective. Pretend you are not at the centre of the storm and read the whole thread (and the other one) from the perspective of one who now has some experience with the issues that can arise... pretend this isn't happening to you, but to someone else... what would your advice have been to them at the beginning - and what would your reaction have been to that person when it all went sour? You now have the luxury of 20-20 hindsight to draw upon...

I would suggest that if you can't see the issues that were possibly going to happen from the start, that maybe you haven't learned some very valuable lessons about dog rescue in Australia, and maybe need to completely rethink all of your strategies from scratch. Simply moving to somewhere different won't resolve some of the fundamental mistakes that have been made during your foray into Greyhound rescue.

Trying to deflect attention away from your own "failures" by bringing up other people's mistakes is not indicative of someone who has learned a valuable lesson about their own practices. I can pretty much bet that every single person who has give you advice in this thread has made their own mistakes at some point in their careers in rescue... the difference being that they HAVE learned some very valuable lessons from those mistakes, and have put procedures and processes into place to make sure those mistakes NEVER happen again. Your posts after the fact suggest that maybe you HAVEN'T learned all that much from yours.

T.

Greylvr, may I suggest you take a small step back and look at this whole saga from a different perspective. Pretend you are not at the centre of the storm and read the whole thread (and the other one) from the perspective of one who now has some experience with the issues that can arise...

And this one -thread link- :) from start to finish.

I agree with you

Which part? You have said a few times that you agree, but then you do the opposite.

but the problem is that there are people who think a dog attack is fine (I see it as a mistake and the rescue shouldn't be hung up for it. What if one of MY dogs had done it? See the problem there?

In dog rescue things will always go wrong sometimes. We are dealing with animals. When it goes to court, the court looks at whether rescue was following best practice (ie: proper timely assessment, vet checks etc). to try to avoid problems. If one of the dogs you have in foster care does this, you won't be able to show how you did anything to prevent it or assess the dog. You actually had all the info about what needed to be done before you put a dog in another person's home, and chose not to do it. This means that what happens with your dogs wasn't a mistake, you actually chose to put a dog that hasn't been assessed in another family's home. You did nothing to prevent aggression. That means you would be fully liable. You also chose to ignore council laws about how many dog you are allowed to keep.

When all we did was simply have an issue (which we will not have again) and transfer a dog to another rescue and put one in a foster home that's a horrible thing to do and shame on us we are scum of the earth.

All you did was to fail with the very first dogs you took in. Because you chose to ignore advice that could have seen you avoid problems. When people act selfishly rather than take the effort to do the right thing by the dogs, how are they not scum of the earth?

Yet another dog kills a dog and makes headlines and that's not a set back for the breed that is where I decided that some here are not interested in anything but drama and enjoy causing people grief if you cant see that then I dont know what to say.

No, we are interested in responsible rescue.

Like I said this wont stop us we will continue to help greyhounds we will keep going just this has given us a reason to go at it a different way and we have bigger goals now but again that's not anyone here's business and we wont be sharing anything directly here. There is another forum that isn't full of miserable people that we can share on and not be attacked, advice given yes this nastiness from here no.

It will be our business. Unless you rehome dogs privately under your own name instead of pretending to be rescue group, people will always be keeping an eye on you and warning people about you. Just like Pound Rounds. Pound Rounds don't need to be a part of this forum for us to talk about how their slack practices cause misery. If you advertise your group, have a website or a facebook page, if you communicate with the public in any way, you make it all our business. Your choice.

We will be fine, and the direction we are going is better anyway and we will be able to help more greys so I am sure the stalkers will update the forums as to what we are up to but after the lies in this thread are done we wont be back.

You don't have a direction. You just react to stuff.

The only liar here is you. You said you assessed dogs, but you don't. You said you would foster yourself at home, but you don't. You made up a fake rescue group, instead of registering a real one. That is so dodgy and dishonest.

All I can say is that I hope you are punished for breaking laws you are too lazy to learn about and I hope you get sued for having no quality control over the pets you put in other people's houses. Although you come across with a 'nothing to lose' person in every way.

It depends on the council area. I am allowed four dogs without an additional permit because I am zoned rural. Central Goldfields Shire allows 6 without additional permits in rural zones. In other areas its two dogs inside town limits or urban areas.

It depends on the shire and the zoning, so each council area is different and the local ranger is the person who will be able to tell you.

Where in Vic don't you need a permit for 3 dogs out of interest? I want to move there! :laugh: Every council I know of requires one.

Up until this year my council never bothered with permits and I have had 3 or 4 dogs for most of my 20 years here. They decided to start bothering this year and I had to get a permit for my 3 dogs. Now I am back to 2 for the first time in a long time.

Homes for Hounds is looking into getting their non profit status up and running.

Here's hoping the paperwork they have to do for that will be educational.

good grief - that will be interesting - first you have to be a real organisation with enough people to make a committee - would advise an accountant, a lawyer, someone with risk analysis background - then coal face workers as you will want to have your accounts audited, will need to draw up legal documents etc. you will also need an ABN if you plan to apply fro charity status down the track

but you won't believe me

Edited by anniek

And why are they acting on FB like Lucky is still with them?

I have been wondering the same thing........

hmm the cynic in me would like to say something but I won't. suffice to say Lucky is "staying with/being fostered" by a friend.

Edited by Rebanne

She is that's why is this hard to understand that Lucky is still with the rescue being fostered literally 5 minutes from our home. We see her we walk her we take her to the beach. Why is that hard for some to figure out?

She is that's why is this hard to understand that Lucky is still with the rescue being fostered literally 5 minutes from our home. We see her we walk her we take her to the beach. Why is that hard for some to figure out?

If she is with another rescue, she is not with you.

I have a friend down the road who I see all the time, she doesn't live with me....