Hungry Dog Silliness

Little Gifts

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest donatella

At the end of the day, what you do and how you do it in your household re your pets feeding routine , is your choice, not anyone else's. Long as they get fed, hopefully not at some ridiculous hour that Ive seen friends feed theirs :(

:thumbsup:

As long as they get fed eventually, getting fed at ridiculous hours is not the end of the world.

Stans mum no offence caused. Whatever works for the individual household.

not at some ridiculous hour that Ive seen friends feed theirs

What do you call 'ridiculous hours?'

:o some nights the house dogs get fed at 8;30 ..sometimes 2 in the morning . ..they get fed whenever we go to bed ..whether that's early or late.

The working dogs get fed anytime from 5 pm to midnight ..depending on what we're doing ..and sometimes they are fed early in the morning instead :)

Mine expect they will get fed at a certain time, but they don't. Like tonight they were good (hadnt complained yet) so they got fed early. If they start whining from say 6pm then dinner gets later and later the more they whine, but its still normally around 730before they get it.

:o some nights the house dogs get fed at 8;30 ..sometimes 2 in the morning . ..they get fed whenever we go to bed ..whether that's early or late.

The working dogs get fed anytime from 5 pm to midnight ..depending on what we're doing ..and sometimes they are fed early in the morning instead :)

Perse with all due respect(as always) who walks out at two in the morning and goes...dinner everyone? It takes just a couple of minutes to feed the dogs. Mine eat hours before I do. I understand working dogs are fed late but are they still working at 2am?

I am really spoiled, mine would probably be starving before they complained about no food. I do like to keep dinner time a bit random because I don't like anticipatory behaviours. They are still genetically wolves and they didn't have a regular feeding time so I can't see what is wrong with variable feed times as long as there are no illnesses. Does it really matter if they get fed at 3am?

Perse with all due respect(as always) who walks out at two in the morning and goes...dinner everyone? It takes just a couple of minutes to feed the dogs. Mine eat hours before I do. I understand working dogs are fed late but are they still working at 2am?

if I start work at 3 am I feed the dogs at 2am b4 I go , them they go back to bed . If I finish at 1am they get fed when I get home at 1.30-2am . I do extreme shift work, not rotating , I can start amd finish at any time on the clock and it can change daily , I could be start at the time I was finishing a few days before . Can be quite hard to manage gizzi's meds , sometimes she gets fed 3 times, so I can fiddle her meds and not upset her too much

I am really spoiled, mine would probably be starving before they complained about no food. I do like to keep dinner time a bit random because I don't like anticipatory behaviours. They are still genetically wolves and they didn't have a regular feeding time so I can't see what is wrong with variable feed times as long as there are no illnesses. Does it really matter if they get fed at 3am?

If dinner is 3am, what time is brekky?

If dinner is 3am, what time is brekky?

Not every dog is fed twice a day. :shrug: None of mine are once they are adults.

I once got home, walked the dogs and got tied up in a busy night. Went to bed at 1100 and wondered why a couple of dogs tummies were rumbling. Then it hit me - I'd forgotten to feed them. embarrass.gif

No way would Ted let me get away with that now. He barks if he thinks its dinner time.

:) We do keep odd hours here :o

the workers get fed VERY late some nights if it's hot , and we're still up . They often won't eat when it's really hot anyway ..so I like to wait until the temp drops .....then it's a feed & fresh water . If it is still way too warm, then I feed at 6 or so in the morning . They enjoy it much more then. .:)

House dogs ..as I said when we go to bed ..they go to bed , and that's when they get their dinner .

Adult dogs can be fine with one meal a day. Mine only get one feeding a day. 3am was just an example because someone said something about feeding at a ridiculous time.

I said it, and it was quoted by Pers but without my name in it. As I said earlier its up to everyone what they do in their own household. I was referring to some of my friends, not anyone on here. What you all do is none of my business..

Edited by Jules♥Cavs

I have fed mine at 2 am at a truck stop on the way to Queensland :o.

Which reminds me the youngster has not had dinner yet, but is sound asleep and not complaining,