Christmas Trees And Dogs

dandybrush

ok just a random question for you all

How do your dogs get on in the house alone and not destroy the presents under the tree, or the tree itself.

Now that my dogs are inside dogs i need to figure out how to keep my tree and presents safe for when im not home :shrug:

what do you do?

My dog also completely leaves the tree and presents alone. Not so much as a sniff when we put it up. She's never taken an interest in it every year, no idea why either.

Eta. My cat also has zero interest in the tree so maybe I just have a bunch of tree-haters lol.

Edited by silentchild

Guest donatella

Baby gated from the lounge at the moment. One would would love to chew at it.

Last year my cousins dog got into the presents one which included chocolates and spent the night in hospital lucky to be alive. Be careful what goes under.

I have the tree on the coffee table and presents all around it, even chocolates wrapped up. Have done the same for the last 5 years with my lot, they never touch anything. They stay inside for 5 hours at a time during the week while I am at work.

love the tree guard dog :laugh:

mine have never touched it , the birds on the other hand love it and I can't find them :rofl: I don't put the dogs pressies under the tree, nothing else under there interests them

I know somepne that sprayed the lower levels wih citronella , stopped thiers from attacking it , worth a try, you could put a fence round it maybe

We are lucky enough to have a foster who has taken it upon himself to guard it..

181870_10151369265079188_1669027521_n.jpg

Bless :) So glad this boy has a foster home for Chrissy :thumbsup:

+ 1.... What a lovely christmas you have given this dear little foster. Thank's ever so much for such kindness :)

Edited by BC Crazy

I have a puppy pen surrounding the tree once the presents go under it- I have one dog that knows how to open them and would go searching for her toys that she KNOWS lie waiting for her behind the pen :rofl:

That being said last year it was the Christmas pudding that was raided- thankfully a night on the drip as a precaution was the only result and this year all dogs are crated when there is any Christmas cooking happening.

Um... if I show you these pictures, will you still think I'm kind? The poor boy though this days of cruelty were behind him. At my house, we do animal abuse a bit differently... ;)

224806_10151369265169188_1059436847_n.jpg

148686_10151369255759188_11594427_n.jpg

Hhhmm I think he secretly loves it, can't tell by those pics though :p

Oh Alkhe, your little foster is a cutie!

I jinxed myself posting in here, I have had presents under my tree and the tree up for a week and the dogs have shown no interest, this thread reminded me I had to decorate it, and I had 4 little helpers. :laugh:

Edited by tlc

Curiously, our hellhound grey puppy actually doesn't seem interested in it :confused: He spends a good portion of his day looking for things to steal/shred/hide but the tree, even with the tasty tinsel hanging just within reach.. nope.

Having said that.. I wouldn't push my luck by putting presents under it. Bosley -loves- to rip up paper and boxes so a pile of paper and boxes, all laid out for him to get into.. probably not a great idea.

Kiff has never shown any interest. He's a bit odd/nervy at times and I think the new tree that appeared in the corner with all the evil sparkly shit on it scares him.

We haven't had a tree for 3 years - not because of the dogs but because of our crazy foster failure kitten :laugh: He's a nightmare! I'm thinking of getting one this year. However, as Diz brings all his toys over the baby gate (to play fetch with us) which then get munched on by Em it could get a little messy :scared: