kja

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meagan has chosen SPORT

Shooting runs 18 March - 31 March inclusive

Posting is 01 April

Oh yay :cheer: I took some 'sport' shots yesterday just for fun but they'll do great if I don't get a chance to shoot anything else. :)

Except that they were shot outside the theme dates so you can't use them ;)

@snook - you can always think outside the box for "sport" :) And, no, you won't need permission to shoot them for your own amusement (some venues may vary, of course).

Edited by kja

Cool.

Hey Snook - if you go for a arena/stadium type sporting event, just check their conditions of entry. AAMI Park over here (Vic) has a blanket 'no lenses longer than 200mm' rule (this rule is crap - so I could take in a 70-200 Canon L series but theoretically not my Canon kit 55-250. Stupid heads). Homebush in Sydney has a 'no professional camera gear' rule, which I feel is open to loads of interpretation.

But yes, sport is as open to interpretation as anything else. Hope you find something fun to shoot :)

When I read "sport", my mind instantly drifted to agility. :laugh: Pity I'm not attending any trials within the dates..

This should be a fun one... And a little challenging with my lack of a decent action lens!

Finally got a chance to sit down and comment on the Abstract shots - what a great selection of photos and interpretation of the theme :D

I was hoping to get out today to get some pics, but Indy has been a bit poorly so I wanted to stick around at home. Luckily next week is a long weekend so will hunt down some sport somewhere in Perth :laugh:

Hmmmm let me know what you find CC!

Im considering going to watch Swan Districts (my team) are playing Claremont (probably your nearest team) in WAFL on the 30th if you want to try shooting some AFL :D I tried some shots today and might be doing more of the same sort of thing next weekend :)

My AFL shots were dismal. Our seats were not in a great spot for it - right deep in the shadows from an overhanging balcony and too far away for the reach of my film. So then I started trying for crowd/atmosphere photos but they failed as well as we were in the back row of our section so I could only get backs of heads :(

Sorry guys looks like I'm going to fail on this theme - OH has been away this week and I've back and forth to the vets with Indy all week, and we've just found out she has pancreatitis :( She's picked up but was very poorly a couple of days back. Also we've got friends coming over tomorrow, so I'm just struggling to find time to get out.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's shots though :thumbsup:

Oh no! My best to you guys - I hope Indy is doing better soon!

I can't believe this month is almost over. I've been insanely busy but I can't rightly recall all I've done LOL So I still haven't shot what I intended to shoot...