Come See Our Group Project 2013!

kja

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! Sorry I'm late to the party. Thanks for taking the initative and picking a person and a theme :)

I had a great too short holiday and have my three portraits up.

For those who want to have a look and don't want to dig for our link here it is -> Our Photo 2013 Please come and check out everyone's awesomeness & leave some love :)

Week Five Theme: Abstract chosen by Kerri

Shooting is 02 March - 15 March inclusive

Post on 16 March

Okay, I'm going to go with Abstract for the next theme

:eek::scared:

I was hoping people might think it was fun and interesting, not traumatic. :p

LOL, no it will be interesting - you probably felt the same way towards the birds one :laugh:

I'm still not sure what it is - do you have any inspiring examples of abstract work anyone?

I was just thinking along the lines of blurry, out of focus macro type stuff :rofl:

Thanks for links Snook, they have helped a lot actually :thumbsup:

hey they are some cool links snook thanks :D

I like abstract but most of what I would call my attempts have been accidents, and when I try they are a miserable failure, looking forward to spending some more time on this, already did a bit around the place this afternoon, we'll see :D

Snook,

I hated you for this 1. :)

And then I went outside with some items to try and get the shots I wanted. While out there I got side tracked with something else, which led me to walking around the yard and finding lots of other things. Then I cam inside and spotted something and went hmmmm. I think I will have more than 3 photos to choose from (about to download from car now) and not 1 of them will be to do with my original idea which was a bit of a failure. LOL

Haters gonna hate.. :laugh:

Seriously though, I'm so sorry that this theme has traumatised everyone so much. I really didn't think that it would. I'm glad that you at least found lots of other stuff to photograph even though your original idea didn't pan out. :)

It ended up being a lot of fun. I discovered a foam box makes an excellent light box when placed outside with the sun hitting it :)

Thought I would share these...

Isn't it always the way. No birds around when we had the bird topic. Yesterday my husband calls to me to tell me there is a hawk in the backyard. My reply was something along the lines of "yeah right, as if, don't be bloody stupid."

We live in the middle of the suburbs with 4 dogs in the yard, as if. But just in case I took the memory card from my computer and went and got my camera. Went to the spare room and looked out the window and there was a bird on the ground standing on something with it's back to us. I still told him it was not a hawk, no way. Then it turned and looked at us.

BirdofPreysmall-3_zps8701424d.jpg

And then I realised it was standing on another bird and was indeed some sort of bird of prey. I managed another shot

BirdofPreysmall-1_zpsb2fd4af8.jpg

I decided to go outside and try for some shots that didn't involve dirty glass and flyscreen but unfortunately I couldn't get to a position where it was visible under the bush without disturbing it. Then I missed an incredible shot of it in flight as it dropped the pigeon when it took off and it turned out the pigeon was still alive and flew straight at me, scaring the living daylights out of me and making me miss the shot. LOL

The only bad thing about it all is having to put up with the "I told you so" my husband keeps mentioning.

I asked around on Facebook and was told it is either a goshowk or collared sparrowhawk. After googling and more opinions the general consensus is a Collared Sparrowhawk.

Awesome piper! :thumbsup:

I'm getting some cute out-takes, mostly of Zora :laugh: I'll be looking for abstract things and end up doing a Zora shoot :laugh:

I thought of doing insane close ups of the nose, pads of the feet, eye, hair etc but was determined not to use the dogs this time and succeeded. I'm not sure what I have is brilliant but I am happy with it as I just don't see things like that or have an arty eye. It was interesting though, once I started I saw more and more options. Just wish I had a macro lens. Birthday next week and hoping like hell hubby took my hint!