Come See Our Group Project 2013!

kja

Peanuts compared to the number I took for the bird theme Snook :laugh:

I've been very slack with this one and might have one or two that may fit the theme - I'm getting home a bit earlier today so was hoping for 30mins of good light outside at least - but now it's raining out there!

I don't think this is going to be my best theme :laugh:

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's so much stuff that you can use for abstract when you've got a macro to play with. :)

Yeah but it also requires imagination rather than just shooting what you see, and I kinda lack in that department :laugh:

Slightly off topic, but I just wanted to share as I'm super excited - my OH has bought me the Sigma 50 - 500mm for my birthday and it should arrive tomorrow - woo hoo!! :happydance2:

:thumbsup: That's a super birthday pressie - Look forward to seeing some shots with it :D

Seriously CC, since you've got a macro lens you've got it so much easier than everyone else. I wasn't going to post what I used for my photos until the blog but I'll post it now so that it might encourage you about what you can use around the house. I've used a metal grater, a rainbow coloured slinky and a mix of vegetable oil and windex in a clear bowl with coloured wrapping paper underneath the bowl. :laugh: There's still a good chance I may try a couple of other things before the blog goes up as I'm having so much fun with it so a couple of them might change but I'm in love with the slinky ones. There's so much stuff that you can use for abstract when you've got a macro to play with. :)

ETA: I've shot all of mine inside the house so you definitely don't have to be outside to do it.

My inititl idea was similar to 1 of yours Snook! I did water, oil and coloured paper under a glass bowl. LOL

Ooooh exciting! I spent all day yesterday taking photos of 6wk old whippet puppies for a friend of mine.... They are too cute but not abstract... They are DE-stracting if anything :). Am editing my abstracts today....

Ooooh gapvic... That's very cool! I'd love to see what you think of it!

OK, I'm really sorry, Everyone, but I simply did not do this one. I really wanted to but have been fighting demons in a serious way for a few weeks now and just spent three days almost 100% in bed over the weekend feeling like crap. I'm not feeling fabulous today, either, so don't know if I'm finally over it or if I'm still sick. I know I am bored out of my mind, but thank gods for my Samsung tablet as I've been having a Walking Dead marathon that's helped keep me moderately sane :)

Let's have Meagan pick Theme Six: please PM me with the details and I'll get a post up and add a note here (you can put a note in here, too, but I'll get a notification about the PM so can do the blog thing faster if you PM me, too).

Sorry to hear that kja - hope you kick those demons soon, nasty buggers they are.

Have we lost a couple of people along the way? Sad if that's the case - I love looking at everyone's work :)

Oh and Gapvic, your husband for the win, what a fantastic birthday present!

.... thank gods for my Samsung tablet as I've been having a Walking Dead marathon that's helped keep me moderately sane ....

Confirming here my PM to kja that I'd better officially be "dropped off" (but left as a 'guest contributor' for now and then). Getting out and getting shots - the camera keeps me sane - but otherwise too much hitting the fan and the wheels falling off (cliches like that).

The work on the blog is just knock-out, don't know if I'm more impressed or envious (both, in a good way) at the time and thought and effort everyone has come up with for some amazing results.