Can You Report Dangerous Cats?

Horsegal98

The thread with the lady taking the staffys photo made me wonder if you can report agressive cat behaviour. There is a well known cat in my neighbourhood which is extremely antisocial/agressive, it is a large white persian type. It is on the same road as the public school and no one will walk past if they see it in the yard as it comes out, yowling, and will savage the legs of anyone who doesn't get out of the way fast enough. It seems to particularly hate kids and has made bloody puncture wounds in them in the past. It seems to belong to that house as it always on the verandah or in the front yard. If it was a dog doing this, it would probably be PTS by now. Is there a double standard with cats or can nuisance cats have restrictions placed upon them?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is a menace. Some councils also hire out cat traps. Place it somewhere where your neighbour cannot see it from the front yard (more to keep neighbourhood peace).

Place a foil tin of dine or simlar in the trap. When the cat enters it will spring close. Put the whole trap in the car and take to your local pound.

In QLD, it is a legal requirement that all cats are confined to the property 24/7 and must be registered with the local council. Cats are not allowed to roam - not even during the day.

You can report a menacing and or wandering cat.

If it is a menace. Some councils also hire out cat traps. Place it somewhere where your neighbour cannot see it from the front yard (more to keep neighbourhood peace).

Place a foil tin of dine or simlar in the trap. When the cat enters it will spring close. Put the whole trap in the car and take to your local pound.

In QLD, it is a legal requirement that all cats are confined to the property 24/7 and must be registered with the local council. Cats are not allowed to roam - not even during the day.

Why tell them to take it to the pound! The cat is not a stray etc. it's home is well known. How would you like it if someone trapped one of your animals and took it to the pound - and then having to rely in the pound to scan it etc and hope they're not full and don't PTS before you find it??

If there is an issue then contact the Council and they will deal with it.

My mums next door neighbours cat comes into her yard and attacks her Maltese x shih tzu.. No amount of hoseing, kicking at, shouting at etc will make it go away. And the owners couldn't care less grrr. I like cats most of the time but if I had a chance, this one would be a flat cat!

My mums next door neighbours cat comes into her yard and attacks her Maltese x shih tzu.. No amount of hoseing, kicking at, shouting at etc will make it go away. And the owners couldn't care less grrr. I like cats most of the time but if I had a chance, this one would be a flat cat!

Can people not make comments like that?

If you have an issue then take it to the Council as the legislation covers cats too.

Why tell them to take it to the pound! The cat is not a stray etc. it's home is well known. How would you like it if someone trapped one of your animals and took it to the pound - and then having to rely in the pound to scan it etc and hope they're not full and don't PTS before you find it??

If there is an issue then contact the Council and they will deal with it.

When I was working at a pound people were always bringing in cats they'd trapped. Unfortunately council can be a bit useless and the owners don't care....

Sorry, bad figure of speech. I'd never actually hurt it, just try to scare it off so it stops coming into our yard and terrorizing our animals.

Can people not make comments like that?

If you have an issue then take it to the Council as the legislation covers cats too.

Has anyone ever thought since the cat lives near a school maybe it has been terrorised by kids in the past?

Amazes me how many dog people think its ok to be cruel to cats. Do the right thing and call the council it's not the poor cats fault.

This could be a possibility, but I think either way the cat needs to be contained in its house. I've never seen it inside, only on the lawn or verandah. It doesn't wear a collar.

You cannot just steal the cat because it is a menace. That is not the way to deal with this.

Maybe the people do not know or realise what the cat is doing. Cats don't just attack people normally so I would guess it has been traumatised in some way.

Has anyone ever actually spoke to the people about this ?

If not that seems the way to start or if everyone isn't brave enough or can't approach because of the cat a letter in their mailbox explaining the problem & that you all hope they will keep the cat indoors or accompany it if outside or you will have to contact the council. Give them a week to act & if they don't call the council & tell others to do the same. One call they may ignore, lots they won't.