Pound Rounds

She had the time to write very long FB posts insulting people and saying there is no such thing as a good breeder. She couldn't possibly have done any more harm than her FB posts where she defamed quite a few people. So I don't think the reason she didn't answer was lack of time.

Maybe she had a limited time, due to her being in jail of course. ;)

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbroils: a small lesson on how deleted posts work. If a post is deleted, you cannot see it anymore. No one can link to it, not you not anyone. It's simply no longer there.

At the time of writing this, you have posted 15 times:

1. Here is your 1st post, the one you claimed was deleted: http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/245177-pound-rounds/page__view__findpost__p__6096113
  2. Here is your 2nd post: http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/245177-pound-rounds/page__view__findpost__p__6096282
  3. Here is your 3rd post: http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/245177-pound-rounds/page__view__findpost__p__6096304
  4. Here is your 4th post: http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/245177-pound-rounds/page__view__findpost__p__6096376
  5. Here is your 5th post: http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/245177-pound-rounds/page__view__findpost__p__6096391
  6. Here is your 6th post: http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/245177-pound-rounds/page__view__findpost__p__6096412
  7. Here is your 7th post: http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/245177-pound-rounds/page__view__findpost__p__6096420
  8. Here is your 8th post: http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/245177-pound-rounds/page__view__findpost__p__6096421
  9. Here is your 9thpost: http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/245177-pound-rounds/page__view__findpost__p__6096429
  10. Here is your 10thpost: http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/245177-pound-rounds/page__view__findpost__p__6096473
  11. Here is your 11thpost: http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/245177-pound-rounds/page__view__findpost__p__6096479
  12. Here is your 12th post: http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/245177-pound-rounds/page__view__findpost__p__6096502
  13. Here is your 13th post: http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/245177-pound-rounds/page__view__findpost__p__6096509
  14. Here is your 14th post: http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/245442-petrescue/page__view__findpost__p__6096291
  15. Here is your 15th post: http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/245442-petrescue/page__view__findpost__p__6096487

Your first post was not deleted and then reinstated. As has already been explained to you there is a time lag in post counts.

Do you understand this?

She had the time to write very long FB posts insulting people and saying there is no such thing as a good breeder. She couldn't possibly have done any more harm than her FB posts where she defamed quite a few people. So I don't think the reason she didn't answer was lack of time.

Yes I know and there have been some big mistakes made and probably valid reasons for people to be attacking them but I still get why they dont answer and why they delete and ban.

Well a few people have mentioned they wont be happy until PR goes under, but no one is prepared to take on the role of getting dogs off death row, therefore if PR ceases to run, all those dogs will be back on death row.

I know someone on facebook even said that pound dogs were just mutts and not real dogs anyway, sadly I don't think they'd be the only person in the world to have that opinion.

You do understand, don't you, that there are many rescue groups that take dogs from pounds and that PR is a tiny cog in a very large wheel. They may have a large number of followers on Facebook but that does not mean they are a large rescue. Indeed, they seem to take only a tiny amount of dogs and if claims in this thread are to be believed, they take credit for dogs they do not rescue but take donations for. I do not know if these claims are true but what I am sure of is that this thread would not have happened if PR had a system saying, 'This dog went to this rescue. We took donations of $ for the dog and these were sent to the rescue' and then the rescue in question responded with 'Funds received.'

ETA: see Ams post below mine regarding this.

Edited by Sheridan

I'm just not one of the haters that wants pound dogs to die.

I haven't come across anyone here who wants the pound dogs to die.

Well a few people have mentioned they wont be happy until PR goes under, but no one is prepared to take on the role of getting dogs off death row, therefore if PR ceases to run, all those dogs will be back on death row.

I know someone on facebook even said that pound dogs were just mutts and not real dogs anyway, sadly I don't think they'd be the only person in the world to have that opinion.

Tbroils trust me when I say we do not want pound dogs to die but the reality is there are some dogs (a minority) that should not be placed back in the community. PR is not doing rescue any favours as they are sucking up large amounts of money using emotive language, stating they are a rescue but not a rescue. They have taken credit for saving dogs that I have taken but I've not seen any money they may have collected for those dogs. When I politely advised them of this they then credited my rescue with having taken the dogs but now the photos of those dogs have simply been deleted from their pages altogether after some other people started asking about the money side of things and whether I had received any donations that had been pledged for these dogs. I have provided some advice and also asked some questions relating to medical issues on shar pei crosses they said were going to cost a lot of money to fix when in fact, it would not. Again my comments have been deleted. I'm not asking for total transparency in their day to day workings but I do expect statements to be factual and if monies are in fact pledged for a dog then that money should go to the rescue who takes the dog. I have been sledged on my own FB page and have permitted those involved to have their say and then when it got out of hand I made a clear statement that ALL comments made from that time on would be deleted (and I did). This included comments of support as well as the negative ones. I had said the topic was closed and on my page it was. PR are a bit like the George Orwell book where they sanitise their version of the truth. This is not ethical and I cannot in clear conscience support this. I do not know those behind PR so I do not have any feelings of a personal nature that may colour my stance.

But if you can't ask questions anywhere how are you supposed to have any queries answered?

I cant answer for them or how they should go about setting up their policies to have queries answered and Im not commenting on their systems. Im simply saying that I understand what they are doing and why.

They aren't doing themselves any favours because I've seen plenty of businesses address concerns via their FB pages, in fact even though there is a complaint the way they handled it mitigated that complaint. So I can't even see why they do it unless they have no faith in their ability to deal with problems.

I can copy my questions but most were this "what plans do you have in place for dogs with behavioural problems, are you a rescue, what happens if someone adopts a dog and it is unsuitable, what happens if someone donates money to a particular dog but isn't used for that dog". The basics really.

If they have any insight they will do a FAQ list and then when anyone requires answers they can direct them there but I understand in a small org getting started why they don't have the time to play too much with answering individual questions publicly and why they would choose to ignore those they feel are vexatious.

A FAQ is never a bad idea, if they get the time with all the dramas they get hammered with (rspca & council visits due to disgruntled ex-tenants).

Think of it from your perspective, how much work would you get done if the phone rang off the hook and all you wanted to do was make some progress?

Worst part is the staff at PR aren't suffering, the dogs are.

Perhaps if the members of Pound Rounds are unable to make progress, they need to rethink their strategies. I don't know of any other rescue group whose phone rings off the hook due to (as you imply) rspca & council visits due to disgruntled ex-tenants.

Not one of my very simple questions were answered, even the ones where no one else has asked. But I must be hallucinating this because you are unable to post.

No as usual, you just can't read, at lease on the forum I can requote what i've already said.

Exactly, connected the net via a mobile broadband service,

Now incase you want to say "lolz i thought u couldn't poast"

Exactly, connected the net via a mobile broadband service,

Are you suggesting that Troy magically know the IP of every PR supporter so that he can ban them before they've ever said a word?

Seriously.. just.. god, I miss Mister Rolley Eyes Man.

They aren't doing themselves any favours because I've seen plenty of businesses address concerns via their FB pages, in fact even though there is a complaint the way they handled it mitigated that complaint. So I can't even see why they do it unless they have no faith in their ability to deal with problems.

Any good business will have a social media strategy that includes responding to complaints on social media.

But if you can't ask questions anywhere how are you supposed to have any queries answered?

I cant answer for them or how they should go about setting up their policies to have queries answered and Im not commenting on their systems. Im simply saying that I understand what they are doing and why.

If they were being harassed all the time then I can understand posts being deleted, but not when genuine questions are being asked. If I wanted to donate money, I'd like to know how my money was going to be used, which is a fair question for a charity. Also, on their 'about us' spiel it mentions they work with rescue groups yet none are listed or participate in the 'rescuing' of the animals.

To delete posts when people are just asking general questions about the organization, raises questions with me.

I dont see PR or this forum doing great stuff for rescue or themselves lately. Whether some people can see why they do what they do or not isnt their call its up to - PR its their page , its their business and they have to deal with it the way they feel is best.

To delete posts when people are just asking general questions about the organization, raises questions with me.

When those questions are about their fundraising, it is also against the obligations they agreed to when they got their fundraising license. They must answer these questions.

I dont see PR or this forum doing great stuff for rescue or themselves lately.

^ this ^

This thread and the Facebook pages are a disgusting blight on rescue.

Rescue has become a sham on DOL. Sure PR might be doing things in a way that is not welcomed, appropriate or even correct, but the petty battles being waged here and elsewhere have done more damage to rescue than anything ever before or anything any one group could do.

It's sickening.

I dont see PR or this forum doing great stuff for rescue or themselves lately.

^ this ^

Rescue has become a sham on DOL. Sure PR might be doing things in a way that is not welcomed, appropriate or even correct, but the petty battles being waged here and elsewhere have done more damage to rescue than anything ever before or anything any one group could do.

It's sickening.

Not sure who you mean here Anne but there are plenty of good rescues operating and they are on here and not on here, I include my own in that category. If it is all so bad in your opinion then maybe it's time to move on? Not being rude, just saying. Rescue obviously did get challenging as you have passed on Pug Rescue to others. We all find it challenging from time to time, it isn't an easy thing to do, there is no end in sight after all.

PR is not in the same league at all and is a menace to society.

TBroils is obviously Mel in her less busy moments, blowing smoke in everyone's faces with ridiculous suggestions of posts being deleted. Yawn.

Edited by dogmad

^ this ^

It's sickening.

I don't believe people should shut up and not act, when dogs are being failed by the very groups created to help them, just because some see bickering as a blight.

Besides which, until I see a decrease in adoptions or foster carer applications, I would say that discussions like this have no impact on rescue as a whole. The actions of reckless and irresponsible groups, however, do.

I asked PR 3 questions over a 4 week period, when I first started to follow rescues on f/b:

Will I get a tax receipt. Can I donate to a vet account. Why don't you do the rescue yourselves.

I got no answer, comments were deleted & I was blocked. I did get an email/pm saying I was abusive & detracting from saving the dogs on the KILL list.

I was never abusive I simply wanted to learn how it went.

They do not rescue with fosters themselves. They seem to just get them out free, kennel them, advertise them on gumtree or now on the STAR page.

With 22k likers @ $1 a week they should be able to run efficiently, instead they have not paid rent....see latest posting on the Beware page.

I have seen comments about unpaid vet bills.

I see an invoice made out to MN/PR for medications & shock collars that apparently were accessible to people at the sanctuary.

I have seen comments where the dog has been rehomed with problems then someone else has to take care of the mess.

Surely all this & more give rescues, the ones that actually do the work, a bad name. Some I know will not foster anymore. It is such a shame that a persons ego, if that is what it all is about, set rescue back & undermine confidence in the industry.