Shameless Manipulation

samoyedman

Lazy Sundays means sometimes no morning walk for the samoyed and only a night time one.

However, picture this.

The cunning canine will approach and sit close to me. His tail starts wagging ever so gently, and after licking his lips as if he is contemplating a ploy, he suddenly lifts his head to directly face me and will stare wide-eyed at me with his head slightly tilted to one side thus attempting to guilt me into walking him.

I need some sort of psychological defence mechanism against these blatant and cynical attacks of mega-cuteness.

I mean who is walking who here?

I need some sort of psychological defence mechanism against these blatant and cynical attacks of mega-cuteness.
<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(238, 242, 247);">

that's an easy one ..teach your dog the " Go away" command. :)

Works for me .

You can also avoid any eye contact ..or put dog in a downstay , with reward being the walk :)

yes either of the above options would work well :laugh:

My Delta always brings me gifts (her toys) when she wants something really badly (usually its permission to lie on the bed) :) the gesture is so cute it is hard to refuse :)

At first she brought me socks out of the laundy hamper but soon caught on that dirty socks earnt her no favours!

:laugh: Samoyeds.

Wolf is quite adorable when he wants to go out. He'll come over and sit down next to me. Leans right up against me so I have to look at him, then gives me a big dose of those beautiful brown eyes and very gently puts a paw on my leg or arm, whatever is closest.

How could I ignore that? :laugh:

At least those techniques use sweetness & charm .. .

My dear departed Stafford, Rowdy, used to go & get her lead when she thought it was time & drop it in front of me. And she'd be giving me the hard stare. No sublety there. A rescue girl, she liked her routine. Only stopped when the lead hooks were put up so high I still have to stand on my toes to reach them. She'd stand by the door instead.

Guest Labradork

I get big, sad Puggie eyes and a Lab who talks to me in a low, growly voice :laugh:

eta

By the way, I love Sundays; they're my favourite day of the week...

My parents used to own a holiday house in Rye and we would stay there nearly every weekend. By the time I was a teenager, I was allowed to stay at home on my own. It was absolute bliss and I treasured the Sunday because my parents often came back late that night or early Monday morning.

Edited by Labradork

:o 'Round here, the more our guys 'ask' for things, the less it happens.

if they're asleep on their beds, I may invite them for a vehicle ride/swim/walk .

if they get enthusiastic and bounce around/gaze at me ..gaze longingly at the gate door on their own instigation .. .. it's "stay".

I am immune to big brown eyes .

Edited by persephone

:o 'Round here, the more our guys 'ask' for things, the less it happens.

if they're asleep on their beds, I may invite them for a vehicle ride/swim/walk .

if they get enthusiastic and bounce around/gaze at me ..gaze longingly at the gate door on their own instigation .. .. it's "stay".

I am immune to big brown eyes .

lol. I feel guilty because I've moved them from acreage to the burbs....

I feel guilty because I've moved them from acreage to the burbs....

I thought of that just after I posted ....

Instead of a walk one time ... could you perhaps reserve a special treat for then ? Frozen bones..or a special toy/tug..or a massage session to relax everyone?

I do substitutes like that :)