Is It The Weather? Hair Everywhere

Loving my Oldies

I have 5 small dogs and so I am used to hair, but of late it has been horrendous. Today I have gone around with the Enjo Dry Mop and vaccumed and I could vaccum again!! :eek::eek:

Danny had a workout with the Furminator and slicker brush and I could have stuffed a cushion or two.

Edited by Danny's Darling

Sam my lab has been dropping his hair like a husky since the end of november when we had a freak week of high 30s-40s temps.

It was coming out in big clumps even with brushing with a slicker and an undercoat rake every day!!

It has finally started to slow down because I don't think there is hardly any undercoat left!! We asked the vet about it thinking it could of been from an operation around that time and they said it was the freak heat wave that happened and they had lots of people coming in asking if there was something wrong with their dogs!

Seeing as we are in another one state (country?) wide heat wave I would put this to the heat too.

We have three shedders, I mean shepherds, here. This Melbourne weather has been crazy. We'd have a day or two stinking hot weather followed by a week or more in the low to mid 20's, followed by another day or two 38-41 degrees. A few times now it has dropped from nearly 40 to approx 15 in the one day! The poor dogs don't know if they should shed their coat or grow one. Vacuuming is a daily (sometimes twice daily) chore at the moment.

Mine have been shedding a ridiculous amount recently, especially with all the very hot weather.

I have been brushing handfuls off my girl. Even when I'm patting her I cannot believe how much hair & clumps comes off her.

Unfortunately even with vacuuming and sweeping everything seems to have a bit of hair in or on it.

Luckily there is no bald spots or anything as I've been worried too about how much hair is being shed as this is extreme.

Edited by MelissaS

Yep, hair all over the place.

I went to brush my teeth this morning and there was Ziggy hair on the toothbrush (yuck)..

:laugh: I laid down in bed last night and hair floated up around my face because one of the dogs had snuck onto the bed beforehand. Sometimes it just makes me want to scream :cry:

Yep, hair all over the place.

I went to brush my teeth this morning and there was Ziggy hair on the toothbrush (yuck)..

:laugh: I laid down in bed last night and hair floated up around my face because one of the dogs had snuck onto the bed beforehand. Sometimes it just makes me want to scream :cry:

That is a standard in my place.. Zig sleeps on my bed.

There is a thread in Off Topic on the Roomba. Don't make me go there :scared: . I don't need one, only I WANT one LOL.

I see you don't have enough posts yet to see Off Topic, two black dogs, but the general consensus seems to be a match made in heaven.

Most people who have them seem to use them daily.

Love my roboking!

I think I'm finally getting the knack to using the rake. I can make a whole new dog out of what's coming off Stevie and Jodie, and even Sammy is losing fluff and growing some grown-up coat.

Sadly our cat is not going well at the moment and isn't moving around much. She's a short hair calico cat but the fur on her withers has almost felted together :( When I finally noticed and took a brush to her she has a lot of dry manky skin and not as much meat on her bones as we thought. She's not a cat who likes being touched much, especially since a terrible illness a few years ago.