Crufts Tickets

Airedaler

Hi All,

After almost 40 years involvement in pure bred dogs I am making the trip to Crufts this year.

I've been trying to buy tickets on line and I want to attend on two days. The system will only allow me to buy tickets for day in each transaction and of course there is a fee for each transaction. Has anyone else bout Crufts tickets on line and have you had the same problems?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Edited by Airedaler

Hope you enjoy your couple of days at Crufts, I went two days plus the General Specials on the Sunday night, I have been in dog showing since 1969 and of course Crufts was a big ambition of mine too and I fulfilled it in 2008 when offspring of my now deceased stud dog had three of them representing him.

I must warn you that the rings, talking about 2008, are tiny and you are just about crushed out of existence with people and shopping trolleys getting all the goodies for the pets, not much about the show ring sadly :mad with one proviso and that was General Specials night, now that is something that I would want and go and see again that was magical, but of course to attend that the tickets are dearer than the daily ones.

Hope you have a great time.

Hope you enjoy your couple of days at Crufts, I went two days plus the General Specials on the Sunday night, I have been in dog showing since 1969 and of course Crufts was a big ambition of mine too and I fulfilled it in 2008 when offspring of my now deceased stud dog had three of them representing him.

I must warn you that the rings, talking about 2008, are tiny and you are just about crushed out of existence with people and shopping trolleys getting all the goodies for the pets, not much about the show ring sadly :mad with one proviso and that was General Specials night, now that is something that I would want and go and see again that was magical, but of course to attend that the tickets are dearer than the daily ones.

Hope you have a great time.

Agree with all of the above. Awesome experience, went in 2008 and loved it. Get there early if you hope to get a seat around the ring of your breed judging. And the crowds are just crushing but great shopping. Enjoy the experience. :)

Pop over to the Border Terrier Ring if you have time. I'll be there showing 2 of my home bred Aussie Border Terriers and my new Import, who is coming home to Aust after Crufts. Also doing the Discover Dogs stand for a couple of days and getting to see Specials. I am pretty excited too and haven't been to Crufts since the mid to late 90s. Have friends from all over he globe coming, so we can have a 'get together' - cannot wait to see my friends. Some I haven't seen for 15 years.

Always lots of Aussies at Crufts! I will be there every day, and also for BIS judging!

It is a fabulous event, and the way the general public attends in their thousands is amazing.

Haven't been for some years, but looking forward to it immensely!!!!

Crufts was the first dog show I attended about 12 years ago as a young teenager and back then I was shocked at the products you could buy and the work involved in the grooming! Here I was as a teenager going wth are these people doing they are mad.... And now I'm one of the mad folks! Hahaha! Hope u have a great time I really need to plan my trips to England better. Last year I missed crufts by a week! :-(

yeah I am just green, have friends going over and I am so jealous! One day!

Dont worry Rebanne, I will take enough video for you that you will feel like you are there :)

Cant wait !!!!!!!!!! I will be there Thurs and hopefully Fri

yeah I am just green, have friends going over and I am so jealous! One day!

Dont worry Rebanne, I will take enough video for you that you will feel like you are there :)

Cant wait !!!!!!!!!! I will be there Thurs and hopefully Fri

you had better!!

Hi Everyone,

Well it has taken me a long time to get to Crufts. Not that I've not been to UK previously but never at Crufts time.

I have many friends in the breed over there and no doubt there will be others from other countries that I either know personally or by reputation so I am really looking forward to the experience.

Sods law ... my original posting re the problem I was having buying tickets on line was sorted out and I bought them. About 3 hours later I had an email from one of my friends in the UK to say another mutual friend had tickets that she was happy to GIVE me. Bummer ..... although the tickets I bought were not that expensive, it is great to be going when the exchange rate is so good.

I'll be at Crufts on Thursday (Terrier day) and Saturday (Gundog day)

Anyone who wants to come and say hello, I will be showing 2 mini schnauzers on the friday (my boy comes back to the UK for Crufts so his previous carer will be showing him) (hall 1) and I will be showing my young giant schnauzer on the sunday (hall 4)

Crufts is even bigger over the last few years as they opened up 2 more halls.

Not sure what 'general specials' are. But it is free to go watch the groups each night, except for the final night when it is followed by best in show.

I recommend a day for getting your barings and shopping and other day(s) for breed stuff.

The break with tradition at the competition means that owners may use chalk to enhance the appearance of breeds which have white fur.

That is a bit unfair, white dogs only.

I see the ban on hairspray/chalk has been lifted HERE

The break with tradition at the competition means that owners may use chalk to enhance the appearance of breeds which have white fur.

That is a bit unfair, white dogs only.

I see the ban on hairspray/chalk has been lifted HERE

It is supposed to be about the white chalk used to clean the coat and then be brushed out - not the coloured chalks used to decieve what the real colour of the dog is

but this is about using it on white terrier coats instead of bathing the dog before show day (well that was the argument for allowing chalk - note is says powders are still not permitted!)

Not supposed to be for the lakies etc that need colouring in before going in the ring or the bull terriers that need thier faces painting white...

I understand it's not for colouring but for cleaning, what I am saying is there are other breeds of other colours who would like to use chalk to clean feet etc prior to being shown - not just people with white terrier's.