Kelpie Female Name Ideas

RedKelpie

Hi I am getting a 9 week old female kelpie pup next week and was hoping for some good name suggestions? :) So far i have got two names in mind which are Poppy and Ardi (pronunciation Ardee) Which do you prefer or can you think of any others?

I have no suggestions sorry, took us ages to even come up with our soon to be puppy's name ! ;-)

I personally love names that have meanings behind them .

How exiting and Congrats on your soon to be puppy coming to live with you, and also welcome to Dol !smile.gif

Ps.. I prefer Ardi out of the the 2 you are leaning towards.

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

My first dog that I grew up with was a Kelpie X called Tammy. She was from the pound and already had a name.

I have a Kelpie X who was a stray with no name, so I called her Matilda, but we always call her Tilly. When I said I wanted to call her Matilda, my dad jokingly said he'd call her "Till" for short because she was "costing him a fortune" (she was my birthday present). We had to decide whether to leave her at the pound for longer to be desexed or pay for her to be desexed at our local vet and pay a higher registration fee, we decided on the latter, so she was a bit more expensive, but well worth it.

Have you got a photo of your pup? That might help with suggestions :)

My brother has a male red kelpie called Rusty. If you're getting a red kelpie you could call her Ruby :) .

Nothing too common or too girly, they are a working dog after all :laugh:. Congrats on your impending new baby.

Edited by Clover