Staffy/kelpie Mix Stolen In Vic

Kajirin

http://www.vicpolice...-dognapped.html

Dognapped

Sunday, 10 February 2013 19:36 Police are appealing for witnesses to help locate Jaffa the Staffy who was stolen in Bentleigh East last Tuesday.

Police have been told the Staffordshire cross Kelpie was tied up outside a supermarket on Centre Road when he was taken just after 12.30pm.

The female owner is devastated about the loss of her 8-month-old puppy.

Investigators have reviewed CCTV which shows a man taking the faithful pooch who resisted going with the stranger.

The thief was last seen running along Centre Road carrying the dog under his arm.

The offender is perceived as being Caucasian in appearance, aged in his 20s with a shaved head, thin build and protruding ears.

He was wearing a black t-shirt, blue jeans and brown boots, carrying a black back-pack.

Investigators have released images of Jaffa the dog and a man that may assist with their enquiries.

dognap_2_web.jpg?1361351012Jaffa_2_web.jpg?1361351013

Caulfield police is urging anyone who may have information as to the whereabouts of the dog to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit www.crimestoppers.com.au.

Senior Constable Melissa Seach

Media Officer

VP25600/2013

Good news, she has been found! :thumbsup:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/alert-psos-solve-dog-theft-mystery/story-e6frg6n6-1226575832841

JAFFA the stolen Staffy was last night back her owner's arms thanks to a trio of eagle-eyed PSOs.

A "speechless" Lisa Martin said she was grateful to the Protective Service Officers who spotted Jaffa and her thief at Southern Cross Station a week after she was stolen outside a Bentleigh East supermarket.

"They're amazing, beautiful people," Ms Martin, 29, said.

Thats great news,this story was awful,just imagining what the poor woman was going through,and the dog.Glad its had a happy ending.

A good reason not to tie your dog up outside the supermarket...

I agree with both these posts.

I also wonder what will happen to the thief? The article only said he was being interviewed.

Guest Maeby Fünke

Not according to some people in the supermarket thread.

Yes, hopefully they read this and see what can happen. Glad she has been found, they're VERY lucky.

Yes, *very* lucky... My goodness, how frightening :(

Yes.... Couldn't agree more mm & thats why I NEVER leave my guys unattended ANYWHERE EVER.

So pleased he is back in his loving owners arms, safe & sound. Best news ever for all concerned :)

Edited by BC Crazy