A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh thanks Dory, and it's ok for dogs?

I came out after having a shower and he'd done a poo and not eaten it, go figure! I'll still get some though as I know he's done it at least two times.

ETA: I wouldn't think dietary inefficiency was the cause as he's on RC Mini Junior in the mornings and BARF/chicken neck at night. I just think he thinks it's delicious. :vomit:

Edited by moosepup

Okay, I can finally sit down to write a proper introduction of of my puppy!

Meet Toracheeny Yatties Boy, aka Louis the Great, aka The Piglet, aka Spoiled Brat....

post-49145-0-48915100-1369611981_thumb.jpg

He is a Yorkshire Terrier, born on the 19th of March. As some of you know, he was brought home about a week ago, and had to be taken back to the breeder's the next day. He finally came back home last night, so I'm over the moon!

He's relatively well behaved, but over the last week he's found his bark, so last night was tougher than that first night a week ago.

Sujo, thanks, although that picture is actually from a week ago! This one is from last night:

post-49145-0-08166200-1369622247_thumb.jpg

Question: How long does it take a puppy to understand that Tantrum = Mummy leaves room and Quiet = Mummy comes back / cuddles etc ???

/Tired

The Snuggle Puppy looks huge next to him. :rofl:

Time and patience! If he's taking a long time to settle then go back into the room and potter around without paying any attention to him. As soon as he's been alone and quiet for a few seconds give him some love. Rinse and repeat!

Thanks Moosepup, so it sounds like I'm doing the right thing. I wonder how many days it will take. If I have to leave him for a long time (shower or making dinner etc) it takes him 10-15 minutes to quiet down, without fail. But he goes mental when I come back, thinking he gets cuddles. The breeder didn't nurse him nearly as much...

And yes, the snuggle puppy is too big for him, as he likes to use things as pillows...

ETA: its actually a Night Comforter, which is even smaller than the Snuggle Puppy!

Edited by Melina Bea

Tank still takes a good 10minutes to settle down most of the time. Think we will just have to deal with that! I'm hoping he doesn't grow to hate his pen though. He's already a tad hesitant to go in it sometimes

I used to feed Murphy every meal in his crate, if I wanted him in there when we had dinner/needed to get the kids ready for bed - where ever I'd put him in there with a chewy treat. I have a treat jar that is only for when it's time to go into his crate (dog chocs) I have other treats for other things. Murphy LOVES his crate so much we have trouble getting him up in the mornings :rofl:

Edited by Justrace