A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

Oh, we went to Brisbane on the weekend for the pink concert. We left Envy with a trainer friend for the night and she was great. Didn't even notice we were gone and had a ball. I don't think she wanted to come home. And she loved their cat!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great lollipup! Sounds like she's going to be a nice sized girl.

Just curious but what is she like at home? With that thread in general we keep hearing how hard Mals are, which I don't doubt. But how are they as a baby pup?

Edited by LisaCC

Envy is getting big fast! 8.2kg today and she is 10.5 weeks old :)

We need more pics!

Just curious but what is she like at home? With that thread in general we keep hearing how hard Mals are, which I don't doubt. But how are they as a baby pup?

Not sure how Lollipup is finding it but our Mals love to chill out with us at home.

Wiz sleeps on my bed every night, likes to lie with me on the lounge watching TV etc. Definitely not a dog for everyone (or most people), but they can definitely be taught to switch off and they love their people so much they really love to be with you.

Of course she will do crazy Mal things too, last night I caught her carry a house brick (??!) around the back yard for some unknown reason. She will work until she drops dead, but when she's not 'on' she's super sooky and quite handle sensitive/submissive.

They sounds like great dogs Huski, maybe in the far far far future laugh.gif

Is there anything better than a worn out puppy who comes for sleepy snuggles, potters out for wees than takes himself to his crate for the night? I love tired puppies, it's the only time they are 'gentle'!

Today was a big day! Play date and then lunch out with Mr Brock the Greyhound and his owner. Petstock for some food and a new toy. Big nap (it's tiring being carried everywhere!) Small training sesh getting to know his brand new tug and then a small late afternoon walk to the post box at the end of the street where we run in to a friend who has a lovely Groenendael visiting so we had a quick mini play date with him and friends dane x older pup.

Ok people my boxer pup Bailey has gone off her food. Is happy to eat tge big dogs food but now won't touch hers. Ive tried mixing gravy with it but she turns her nose up and goes straight for the big stuff. The only thing I can get her to eat is chicken necks (she only gets tgem when we can watch her eat them) and of course takes off with the large marrow bones. We've tried feeding her seperately but its not working. Any hints

Are you still feeding what the breeder was giving her? maybe she likes the smell of what your older dog is eating better? maybe now she's tasted something better she won't go back... :) is there a puppy version of what your big dogs get?

Shes on Eagle puppy. My bigger dogs get a different kibble every few months (I dont like eating the same thing every day) at the moment they are on advance soon to change to black hawk. Advance isnt one of my favourites to give but it is one of their favourites. I think they like the texture of the biscuit. The breeder actually had her on Pal and I don't like supermarket food at all. I guess I could get a small bag and mix with the eagle slowly cutting down on the Pal?

This afternoon I wish I had of had my camera on me. I was play with my daughter in the back yard and we were blowing bubbles. Treble was running around trying to pop them with his giant paws and looked rather funny while doing it but the funniest thing he did was while chasing a bubble he ran head first into the side of the garden shed :laugh: fell over onto his back and looked at us while his giant tongue hung out the side of his face :laugh:

Should have named him Scooby doo.. as earlier on in the day he decided I needed saving from a red and blue spotted blanket that was hanging on the rail of the back deck. This saving entailed standing behind me while barking and walking backwards. Then once I went over to the blanket and put it on the ground he charges over, grabs it, gives it a good shake, then walks off with a prance dragging the blanket behind him. I could understand if the blanket was something he had never been introduced to but it was the same blanket he had been sleeping on for the last two nights. :laugh:

He is so lovable though.

--Lhok

Did you do that first up? As in use the breeders food and slowly introduce Eagle pack?

No I already had the Eagle pack. She abdolutely loved it for the first 3 days then tried one of the older dogs biscuits and that was it. Hasnt touched Eagle pack since.

Did you do that first up? As in use the breeders food and slowly introduce Eagle pack?

No I already had the Eagle pack. She abdolutely loved it for the first 3 days then tried one of the older dogs biscuits and that was it. Hasnt touched Eagle pack since.

Just wondering if you could trick her into eating it by putting some of the older dog bikkies in with her stuff. Could work or she could just pick out the good stuff and leave the other.

--Lhok

That's great lollipup! Sounds like she's going to be a nice sized girl.

Sorry, I've been busy and not on dol much so only just saw this.

She is great at home :) she has a lovely sweet side and she loves to have fun. Yes she has a lot of energy which comes in bursts of feral-ness where she gets very bitey. Then shegets tired and cuddly too. All my friends mals have off switches and I think there is a difference between high drive and energy, and silly hyperactivity.