A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd never remove a dogs dew claws once they were past a few days old unless there was a real reason to do so (ie: they kept splitting them, hurting themselves with them etc).

If your breeder didn't remove them close to birth, they probably didn't see a need for it so I'd not be doing it now.

rear dew claws are very different to front ones and can cause lots of problems cause the whole 'toe' is loose and floppy, They are rarely tight up against the leg like front ones.

I'd never remove a dogs dew claws once they were past a few days old unless there was a real reason to do so (ie: they kept splitting them, hurting themselves with them etc).

If your breeder didn't remove them close to birth, they probably didn't see a need for it so I'd not be doing it now.

rear dew claws are very different to front ones and can cause lots of problems cause the whole 'toe' is loose and floppy, They are rarely tight up against the leg like front ones.

Yeh I saw after they said only the back ones. Would have thought the breeder would have done it if they were they much trouble.

Yeh I saw after they said only the back ones. Would have thought the breeder would have done it if they were they much trouble.

I am really surprised the breeder didn't remove them. Much easier then removing the front ones.

I've made a horrible discovery. Puppy breath is gone crying.gif

Isn't puppy breath the cutest thing! It made be realise how short "babyhood" is for our puppies. Although now that Banjo has lost a couple of his baby teeth in the last few days, there is a faint puppy breath there again .... or perhaps I am just imagining it - LOL! I don't want my baby to "grow up" too much!

I just got a phone call from Tyrion's breeder! They were responding to my email regarding dew claws. They can't believe he has them, they said that they've never had a dog with them before so they're very surprised that he has got them. As a result they want to come visit him next week lol

I just got a phone call from Tyrion's breeder! They were responding to my email regarding dew claws. They can't believe he has them, they said that they've never had a dog with them before so they're very surprised that he has got them. As a result they want to come visit him next week lol

How did they not know that, did they never cut his nails or handle his feet :confused:

I'm a bit confused too :confused: Do they mean they've never had a dog with them, as in all their other dogs were born without them? Is this even possible?

Rear dew claws aren't common in some breeds, but I'm confused as to how a breeder could not notice them, especially if they aren't common in their breed!

Edited by minimax

I'm a bit confused too :confused: Do they mean they've never had a dog with them, as in all their other dogs were born without them? Is this even possible?

Rear dew claws aren't common in some breeds

Wow! Can honestly say I've just learnt something new :) I thought all dogs had them. My friend has a Pyrenean Mountain Dog and they even have DOUBLE rear due claws! :eek: She shows him, so can't have them removed. She hates them, and I must admit they do look a bit strange. So glad my boys have none.

Rear dew claws aren't common in some breeds

Wow! Can honestly say I've just learnt something new :) I thought all dogs had them. My friend has a Pyrenean Mountain Dog and they even have DOUBLE rear due claws! :eek: She shows him, so can't have them removed. She hates them, and I must admit they do look a bit strange. So glad my boys have none.

I've never had a dog with them. Not sure how he missed them, or his vet for that matter.

I don't know how or why but the Puppy breath is back!! Perhaps it went away because I wormed him on Monday! But he just breathed on me and it was mesmerising. (My friends and family think I'm nuts)

Nova is getting so big! We have lost puppy breathe here too :( Envy is 12 weeks old on Friday

Naaww you guys want pics.

This is 2 weeks ago, looking for where i put some more recent ones.

post-35789-0-33270000-1375269688_thumb.png

Can anyone help me with potsting photos? I resize them to a small size with a program them upload them here and can still only fit in a couple and they are small. Other posters have heaps of bigger photos in one post?? Are they on a photo site instead of uploaded through dol? I can do that if i have to, but its another step.

Envy is so beautiful! I love her ears :)

She looks very big for 2 weeks ago!

My big ones are already uploaded on my facebook page and I get the image link from that. I think others use flickr or photobucket etc.

Envy is so beautiful! I love her ears :)

She looks very big for 2 weeks ago!

My big ones are already uploaded on my facebook page and I get the image link from that. I think others use flickr or photobucket etc.

I have heaps on FB but I think my privacy settings might be too high to share them here.

This is also almost 2 weeks ago at my in-laws place, giving their dog Gizmo a hard time. SO CUTE