A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

Brooke's mother has been staying with us since Wednesday and I'm quietly losing my shit. She's a lovely woman and I adore her but she's shocking with the dogs, she's been letting them on her bed at night, so they consequently think ours is ok too, I mentioned this too her and she looked hurt, but rules is rules.

And the feeding! Good god the feeding! She clucks around cooing to them 'are you hungry? you look hungry!' (Rosie the whippet x is of course too skinny, we met two really fat whippets at the park and she thought they looked perfect, despite the owner saying they were recent additions and very very fat.

(Her dogs look like coffee tables too. 3 x JRT crosses who are built more like staffies)

The dogs usual diet consists of 3 cups of kibble for Gus and 1.5/2 for Rosie. A RMB for lunch or a chicken frame or something like that, it's enough and neither are fat etc. They have sardines, yoghurt or egg on dinner and usually get some table scraps too.

The other day they had that PLUS (unbeknownst to me, as I was at work) a second serve of kibble for breakie, a second bone, a slice of buttered fruit toast, umpteen lucky dog bone treats (her purchase, going in the bin when she leaves)a bowl each of leftover mashed potato, 2 pigs ears each and a monte carlo each.

I had to say to her 'just because they're in the kitchen with you or watching you eat doesn't mean they're starving, they actually eat a little too well under me and the extra weight to carry will do them no favours developmentally'

Needless to say they're both sucking up for food now too, which we had nipped in the bud. Only a few days left, thank baby jesus.

Oh I feel for you! Sounds like my MIL

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a very trying time Steph. I would find it hard to bite my tongue.

Lisa how was your showing weekend?

Zereuloh are you heading to the show next Sat in Ballarat? I am going across to catch up with a breeder friend and to cuddle some Iggy's

Today was interesting, I have no idea what I'm doing, but lets be glad I know how to laugh at myself! Poor Nova, so many teeth fell out this week and he is hurting so bad, he did not appreciate the judge mouthing him!

We were beaten for Baby Puppy by his sister, but it was a good day and Nova was so pooped afterwards that he fell asleep with his head still up and tongue out in the car on the way home!

Nice photo of him being surprisingly good in his crate. First time in the crate outside of home, and there were two dogs barking at each other on either side of us and he was still good!

Doesn't he scrub up well biggrin.gif

1383220_10151747061725787_1468447019_n.jpg

Edited by LisaCC

Sounds like a very trying time Steph. I would find it hard to bite my tongue.

Lisa how was your showing weekend?

Zereuloh are you heading to the show next Sat in Ballarat? I am going across to catch up with a breeder friend and to cuddle some Iggy's

Oh oh when/where is it?! :D If I get a chance I'll have to pop up and have a look!

Gosh I haven't been here for a while!

Hope everyone is still enjoying their puppies!

Tank is six months old now. Just got him desexed two weeks ago. Haven't noticed a change...! Except maybe he pees less?

Here are some new pics of him. All taken down at Rose Bay Beach. (awesome spot!)

6c1cd8762f1e11e382b422000a1f9ab7_8.jpg

80f9dc2a2f0611e387d022000a1fc4f9_8.jpg

be60bf1c2f0511e39c2822000a1fbe4c_8.jpg

07b4fd462f0511e39d0322000a1f97e3_8.jpg

6d8024f82f0411e3847022000aeb0b98_8.jpg

f1f0872e28e111e3ada322000a1fbcdb_7.jpg

f148fac029b011e3b62222000aeb43cc_7.jpg

Brooke's mother has been staying with us since Wednesday and I'm quietly losing my shit. She's a lovely woman and I adore her but she's shocking with the dogs, she's been letting them on her bed at night, so they consequently think ours is ok too, I mentioned this too her and she looked hurt, but rules is rules.

And the feeding! Good god the feeding! She clucks around cooing to them 'are you hungry? you look hungry!' (Rosie the whippet x is of course too skinny, we met two really fat whippets at the park and she thought they looked perfect, despite the owner saying they were recent additions and very very fat.

(Her dogs look like coffee tables too. 3 x JRT crosses who are built more like staffies)

The dogs usual diet consists of 3 cups of kibble for Gus and 1.5/2 for Rosie. A RMB for lunch or a chicken frame or something like that, it's enough and neither are fat etc. They have sardines, yoghurt or egg on dinner and usually get some table scraps too.

The other day they had that PLUS (unbeknownst to me, as I was at work) a second serve of kibble for breakie, a second bone, a slice of buttered fruit toast, umpteen lucky dog bone treats (her purchase, going in the bin when she leaves)a bowl each of leftover mashed potato, 2 pigs ears each and a monte carlo each.

I had to say to her 'just because they're in the kitchen with you or watching you eat doesn't mean they're starving, they actually eat a little too well under me and the extra weight to carry will do them no favours developmentally'

Needless to say they're both sucking up for food now too, which we had nipped in the bud. Only a few days left, thank baby jesus.

Oh I feel for you! Sounds like my MIL

Dropped her off at the station this morning, back to 'starving' the poor dears :whip:

They eat a little too well under my ungodly rein anyway, IMO. Now to quietly dispose of the Lucky Dog bikkies. Ick!

They all looking soooo gorgeous love.gif Some lovely pics too of them all heart.gif

Congratulations to any new puppy owners in here thumbsup1.gif Enjoy your broken sleep hehe

Miah is going very well, (hardy little thing she is too) shes 10 months now, hard to believe! Shes started big school now and is training really well. Years ago when I was younger and fitter, I always wanted a dog that had her drive and focus, now i've potentially got one, I'm unable to go further with her later . Arhghhh always the way isn't it ! :(

Im putting on a small 1st birthday party for her end of Nov (she will be 1 on the 27th Nov, same as my husband and my 9th wedding Anniversary) but we having her party on the following Sat with a few Cavaliers and their Humans (and one small mixed breed dog). The theme of her party is going be purple. I have already bought her a lilac party dress (if it fits still on the day!) Its a bit girly for her as shes more a skater chick type of dog lol but she will just have to wear it for one day, whether she likes it or not lol

I always think shes still on the small side and hasn't grown that much but then when i look at my avatar, I know she has ! lol

Heres some updates on her blog for any of you that might be interested:)

http://julesluvscavs.blogspot.com.au/

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

Willow is 7mths old today!! Who would have thought it. :) No recent pics...she won't sit or stand still long enough!

PS: She has cracked 30kg now. Her training is coming along. Not that anyone would notice this if they were to meet us in the street. :o She still thinks there are no bad people in the world, they are all her friends. :laugh: (Even when they are scary looking...her motto...'strangers are just friends she hasn't met'...)

Oh Lollipup, Envy is just beautiful!

At the obedience trial the other day I saw a lady with a Mal puppy! I got so excited cause I recognised the breed cause of all your photos of Envy. He was so lovely and I got to give him lots of pats. :D

At the obedience trial the other day I saw a lady with a Mal puppy! I got so excited cause I recognised the breed cause of all your photos of Envy. He was so lovely and I got to give him lots of pats. :D

Awww cool. I get excited when I see other mals too. What was his name?

Awww cool. I get excited when I see other mals too. What was his name?

I don't remember. :(

:( I woke up this morning and Treble isn't well. He had vomited and done two very mucusy (sp) green poops. I'm now wondering what he has eaten that could cause it. Last night he had some kibble and a chicken frame, and I think he might have gotten a dentistix too which would be too much food for him but they haven't caused this before. He also just wants to lay down. I am keeping my eye on him as the vets have told me to, however if anything changes he will be off to the vets.

I am hoping it is just a bug he might have picked up and he will be ok.

--Lhok