A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spoke to Treble's breeder who is incredibly understanding. It is looking like Treble either has Addison's disease or something going on in his kidneys. Monday I will be getting further testing done to see if it is Addison's or not.

While I am crying now I am so proud of myself for being able to get all the information over to her without breaking down and making her feel worse then she already did when I told her (if that makes sense)

I also am feeling incredibly cursed right now.

--Lhok

Treb had a bit of a vomit this morning, but he then followed it up with eating all of his breaky which had earthborn holistic dry food and some A/D which is what he got at the vets. After speaking to the vet this morning when I went to get the A/D we think that the vomit was because he had very little in his tummy over night after refusing tuna and rice which was last nights dinner.

Thank you for thinking of us. Monday/Tuesday for results can't come fast enough I just want to know what is wrong with my buddy boy so I can try to make him better.

--Lhok

Gah.. I just got off the phone from Hills pet food after calling the vets to see if giving him the AD food will cause problems. As it is suspected he has addisons his phosphate levels are high ( not neccessary an indicator for addisons in akitas as he is a pacific rim dog and if the blood doesn't get spun down straight away the phosphate levels can actually increase for some reason) any way after doing my own research on the AD food i.e reading the can after I had fed it (I know I am stupid) I noticed that it has a increased level of phosphous in it.

So I rang my vet and they basically stated that I should only feed it if I think it is not going to cause more harm..

I had a slight panic over that information so I called Hills to see if they had any more info for me and they are going to get a vet tech to call my vet and see what they can do as he needs to eat and the AD seems to be the only thing he will wolf down straight away.

I just feel stupid, and worried and now I think the vets I go to will put me into the crazy basket.

--Lhok