A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's beautiful Yonjoro!

May I ask where you got Ronins collar from too? It looks really good for long coats!

Thanks LisaCC

The collar is a Non-Stop Dogwear half check, they are excellent!

http://www.non-stopdogwear.no/eng/Our-products/Dog-collars#

They come from Norway but there is an Aussie distributor who sells them to the public.

http://www.malusky.com.au

Laci's breeder, KatieP, took her to Parkes for the weekend. Today she got runner up best of breed :cheer: against her grandfather who got BOB. Two more shows tomorrow. So proud of her, wish I could have gone, but it's just too far for 2 days. If it wasn't for family commitments we could have made a holiday of it & gone for a week.

Sounds like your little Laci is quite the accomplished pup already luvsdogs :thumbsup:

I thiiiiink Didi is starting to come into her teenage naughty stage, she definitely seems to be pushing the boundaries a bit which is fine with me and my mum because we don't put up with it but my dad and brother are softies and let her get away with it :o

I can't blame them though when you see how good her 'I'm just an innocent little puppy' face is.

This was taken after she had a pretty ridiculous zoomie session and nearly broke a table and had the lead of shame put on.

10411382_863478093681583_3449912340831803568_n_zpsc7081358.jpg

Congratulations Laci! champagne.gif

Is she competing again today? I have friends going to look at the Parkes show to hopefully meet some breeders :)

Oh Didi, look at her innocent face! We have a leash of shame too. It rarely comes out these days but I get a similar look.

Well done Laci!

Luvsdogs do you know if Laci will be shown at any Mid north coast shows? I've got Kempsey and Taree in July/August and we would be in the same group :)

Haven't been back here since my last post. Laci didn't get any more points in the next 2 shows at Parkes. There were 4 extra JS entered & KatieP said they were more mature. Not to mention that Laci wouldn't gait properly. She came home with a few ribbons though.

I think her next shows will be Gilgandra on the weekend of the 12th & 13th of July, then Kate goes overseas for a few weeks. I would have liked to show her myself while she's away but as I haven't done it before I wouldn't have a clue what to do & not show her to her full potential. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ooops luvsdogs I missed your post. Congrats with Laci and your win! How are you finding the course?

Week 2 has just started. There's a forum & fact sheets with lots of useful puppy info. Each week is a photo comp with a different theme. There's also 2 live chats per week & so far I have forgotten about them. :o Will have to make sure I log in next time.

In the 4th week the photo comp theme was action shots. WE WON. :cheer: with this photo. For the 1st time I gave it a title of Laci, I can fly.

d9d57f40-3ff3-4c2c-84f9-22cbb7b7e2d9_zps2e6e9fce.jpg

We won a soft harness (& a car clip) from Personalised Pet & here she is wearing her prize.

163de77c-6dc6-463c-92fa-e93444c488e2_zps97badcfe.jpg

One more of my pretty girl. :love:aa321587-0ade-4ce9-a4a9-801c3b37a73d_zps60e5e1b9.jpg

She is adorable, pink also seems to suit her really well!

I had a nice weekend with Didi, just wandering around and stretching our legs after being stuck studying for a while. I think she's started to like the camera a bit more, her poses are getting much better :laugh:

post-51158-0-70920500-1403781790_thumb.jpg

It's this weird little park with concrete pipes across the river from Fairbairn Reserve in Ascot Vale, I think it's called Pipemakers Park. That little section is not offlead, just did it for the photo but the reserve is, it's really nice and has a nice walk along the river which is partly off lead too.

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely photo Esky.

Laci will be on her way to Gilgandra for the weekend shows. KatieP picked her up this morning for her much needed spa treatment before the long drive over there. Lets hope she gets some more points towards her Ch. :crossfingers: She's a week out of her 1st season & dropping coat so hope it doesn't affect the outcome. They have a good entry of about 12 JS, Laci's grandfather included.