A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha he looks good! Dory, i'm expecting Nala to come in the next month...probably getting ahead of myself but Cleo came in spot on 6 months and Nala is now 5 months! :eek: where has that time gone! We're planning a big trip to Sydney for the Dalmatian specialty (if finances allow it now :( ) so I bet she'll come in for that. Not that I would let that stop us if we decide to go.

Oh and I also have a female leg cocker. Cleo pees over everyone else's pee and squats + lifts a leg :laugh: it's a precarious position!

Possibly the worst thing about not having a purebreed is buying long term investment products like a kennel... so we are settling for this cheapo cubby house until we know exactly how huge she will get before getting a nicer one. Lucky she is not a destructo puppy although the plastic is no worse than many kennels I saw for sale.

She seems unimpressed with the novelty of it though hehe :laugh:

DSCN2388_zpsdac5b1fe.jpg

:laugh: I ended up buying a huuuge cubby from gumtree. We cut the legs off and made an awesome kennel out of it..

Also holy cow Fritz grew a few inches overnight I swear!

He's loving the new house

549087_10153783000950391_433321073_n.jpg

Willow had decided to actually come into season. :thumbsup: So she will either be finished or over the worst by the time the shows come around. :D

Aside from being a bit more cuddly and a LOT less naughty, she seems unaffected by her change in status. I'm still able to take her to training, so it will be interesting to see how she manages outside of the home routine.

Oh she's grown up! Good luck with your shows!

I bought Nova inside in the last half an hour because theres been a bit of hail and last time the back veranda flooded and I came home to the poor thing sitting under a tree soaked to the bone (he didn't care in the least though).

You know when everything is just TOO QUIET, I walk out of my office to find Nova sitting on his matt near the front door, and we had just been doing some matt training so I go to walk over and give him a BIG cuddle and praise for being a good boy.

Suddenly he gets up and runs away. Little shit had stolen some paper he was munching on.

Looks guilty to me :)

It's so funny how even when they're trying to act innocent they just tense up, so you know there's something going on...

At least he's getting the hang of the mat though - if he took his treasures there to eat it must mean he knows it's 'his' spot.

Glad your new place is working out well Esky :)

How's Gus today Steph? Back to normal?! Is Rosie used to the cone yet?

100% better, so he thinks!

He's spending his days asleep on the bed. Free pass for convalescence. So less running about, he's got the cone off once and its lasting super well!

I took his ankle bandage off to redress and clean it and its a huge incision. Finger size and the bandages were taped to his fur so had to get that off. He was so tolerant though!

Such a good boy.

And no, nor really. Rosie is still pitching a fit but we just ignore that sucker. Trying not to make a thing of it.

Good oppurtunity for some training during the day though with my captive audience!