A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

:laugh: mine's an honorary spot.

When he was about 10 weeks a little girl and her mum walked past our front yard, saw Fritz and commented "oooh look mum a dalmation"

I had to laugh. BUT! Man you should see his spots now.. Maybe he is one :laugh:

totally an honorary spot. Not many dogs get mistaken for a dally so i reckon he can join the spot club.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dogs I've heard being called a dally:

Harlequin Dane, Cattledogs and their x's with heaps of white, my Aussie and bull Arabs!

I think anything with dots or splodges get asked if they are one lol

Why anyone thinks Nova is a Dalmatian I dunno lol. Although apparently you can get the odd long haired dally. They are funny looking lol.

Congratulations Lisa, I went had a look, very nice pic indeed. I also liked & shared for another comp which ends today. I'm probably too late. I do occasionally buy grain free Holistic for Panda as he has a funny tummy at times.

Don't tell me about dogs eating hair. Panda used to always bring up hair balls from continually hanging off Tilba's tail or neck. Never saw a dog do it before. Laci on the other hand is a hair eater extraordinare. Will run off with any hair + anything else she can get her teeth into & knows to get away from me quick smart when I say, what have you got in your mouth.

Talking about dogs being mistaken for other breeds/animals. I've told this story many times before. About 20 odd years ago now we were going to my cousin's farm near Wingham NSW & stopped off at Stroud on the way. We were parked behind my cousin's trailer which had a calf & a Curly Coated Retriever on board. A grandmother & her grandchild walked past & she said to the child, look, that's a cow & that's a sheep. Needless to say we all got a huge laugh out of it.

It really is amazing what you hear some adults telling their children. Working at an animal park and then a pet store really opens your eyes...but even just visiting zoos can blow your mind (about the ignorance)

Yea no long haired dals in Aus, the gene didn't make it here. We have tri colours though, popped up last year in WA but fairly rare. I friended Tina the Long Haired dal on FB. She's in the US and has lots of LH dal friends, I just like the pics, amazing looking dogs - but not super dal looking because of the way the hair distorts the spots.

haha me too! I thought Cleo had a brown spot for a while, but I realized it can't be pigment because if you have to squint really hard and get it in just the right light - it's probably NOT a liver spot. And I guess with tricolor dals, unless the dal had spots in just the right points (same as a rotti or dobe) you wouldn't know they were a tri.

I often tell people too much info about what colours Nala will produce. I get all excited and say "if she's mated to a liver, she'll have all livers. If she's mated to a black carrying liver they can have anything, and if it's a black dominant boy all pups will be black"...people usually lose interest though.

:laugh:

Breed guesses over the weekend..

Great Dane

and Bull terrier x dalmatian

Suppose it's something I'll have to get used to..

The convo is always the same

"What is he" or " Is he a ( stupid guess) "

"No, he's a bull arab " :)

* Blank stare*

"They're a breed used for pig hunting"

*more blank stares*

And he's my entry into the dalmatian club

1609700_10153909314775391_680892945086699312_n.jpg

Fritz is on the left.. On the right is a pointer called Leia.

She's Australia's best single dog team.. Unbeaten last year. ;)

Incredible dog. And Fritz is bigger than her :o

Hi guys!

Just popping in quickly to say my puppies are all grown up! Haha, Rosie turned 1 the other day, and Gus is next on Friday.

For those in Melbourne they're having a DOL/Birthday Kepala trip.

4blp18h.jpg

The more the merrier, so we would looooove you all to come, if you'd like to come along please pop and RSVP here so I can work out how many doggy cupcakes/party bags we might need ;)

So now a few gratuitous photos.

Gus on his first day-

NtaISDh.jpg

And now-

0rExROr.jpg

Rosie

Cke7n4O.jpg

qLrMi4L.jpg

fzTKU7p.jpg

My view when we get home...

cyqZyoQ.jpg

Gus hanging out with a flattie pup on the weekend (I remember when he was that small!)

HjhN1WD.jpg

Aaaand 5 mins ago... It's raining.

gCvNbvs.jpg

They're growing into such gorgeous dogs. They've taught us both so much patience and about love and learning already.

Gy3rTrv.jpg

Oh I missed this!

A very happy birthday to Gus and Rosie!!!

All the puppies on this thread are getting so big!

We need more baby puppies!

Ditto

Was thinking of saying this too Lisa while scrolling through them all. :D