A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHA! So funny!

We have had a breakthrough here. Anyone who follows the dear thread knows I had an idiot acquaintance over yesterday and her bratty dog was stealing food from peoples plates, hands and the table. All the while Gus and Rosie sat patiently on the grass and waited to be offered leftovers. They were gentle with Lily, my niece (7mths) and didn't jump on anyone or raid the bins or lick like crazy.

It was great. They were total angels!

A lot of these friends hadn't seen him since the puppy warning when he was 9 weeks, so it was quite a shock. They were both a delight though!

Super proud. All the hard work is paying off!

Though Gus did just got on the bed and became magically deaf when I asked him to get off. Off is a command he's normally OK with. Jerk.

I'll let it slide though...

They grow so quickly! Nala is nearly as tall as Cleo already, but still tiny in regards of her body and neck size. Her feet are as big as Cleo's too, but I expect Nala to take after her mum (Cleo's sister) who is a bigger girl. Just for the heck of it, i'm gonna share some photos lol.

This is Nala yesterday

20weeknalawords_zps3e0a7f7a.jpg

Her when she came home (you've probs all seen this photo, but it shows how much she's changed!!)

cf6dac29-0b45-4c52-832e-eeb72d1216b6_zpsb934c2d6.jpg

My girls together

sidebyside_zps6288ab14.jpg

And then I remember a while ago you guys were sharing photos of your pup's parents...so here are Nala's -

Jaz is Cleo's sister as well as Nala's mum.

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/profile.asp?dog=61875

And Ivan is her dad,

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/profile.asp?dog=67520

I think Nala is very much her father's daughter! Which i'm happy with...he's been winning a lot lately!

Sorry, for the overload but I've been soooo bored. Our power went off for 4 hours and I went slightly batty as it's a dreary day and I've got back pain. I wanted my computer lol.

Wonderful and beautiful photos everyone! I love seeing them all grow up :)

Thought I would give update on food aggression issue. I didn'tend up calling aanyone, instead I just stuck with a strict program and I am happy to say his resource guarding behavior has subsided. I am able to handle him and even get him to drop the food with no problems, he is still I tiny bit stiff but he now will walk away from his chicken frame and calmly take food from my hand when I approach, his behavioural response when I approach is now with interest and anticipation and he will walk towards me instead of freezing and hovering over the bone/chicken frame. I still have a way to go and this may be a lifelong thing but I am happy with the quick progress he has made.

Another upside, I taught ezio to weave through my legs in 2 training sessions :D so happy!!

We've had more destruction. :cry:

Willow has found my wool stash, thankfully only one ball has been lost. She looked so pleased sitting on the couch gnawing on it and it was not so much fun for me trying to untangle it from all the furniture.

And then she has somehow managed to pull a venetian blind through a locked and closed dog door, which she has never used, and chewed up the blind.

What happened to my cheeky puppy?

Not intruding! The puppy thread welcomes puppies!

Very cute! I love how lanky puppies get biggrin.gif

Nova is naked, he's dropped so much fur on his sides! A friend I haven't seen for a few months asked if I took him to get a cut from the groomer eek1.gif

He's still growing his lovely mane but his sides are so short!

Before, growing so so lovely (and only about a month ago):

1491602_10151971369910787_1028254616_n.jpg

After:

400657_10152034995165787_1998205948_n.jpg

His side looks like puppy fluff again!

601483_10151666812245787_645388857_n.jpg

I didn't expect such a big drop this summer as his adult coat is still growing, we've had about 3 separate weeks of 40+ weather and it didn't drop during the December week of that, but definitely did this month, but I guess it's just a glimmer of what next summer will be laugh.gif

Where is the fluff on a rottie tail? Is it feathering under the tail or a twirl on the end like a labbies? Would Willow stay still enough?

I need to trim Novas tail again, but I want to try and find some Aussie people in person to see how short they go, photos can be a bit deceiving.

Yep, the feathering. And there is no way she would sit still. No way. Even to trim her dew claws we have to surprise attack and hope you get enough off before she notices. Dart in, snip, dart out and distract. :laugh:

They will just have to love her Au Naturelle. Like the rest of us.

I do love her, but Lord alive she makes nothing easy. (Except the loving her bit. :D )

LOVE Nova, he's so gorgeous! I'm so unused to non-coated breeds that I can hardly tell what's happening with his coat lol. I do have a little red merle Aussie in my agility group though, so maybe I will learn!

I love my low maintenance breed though, no dew claws (removed as babies) and the only trimming is the tip of the tail where it twirls up. Don't need to do it but it looks neater when I do.