A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

Hi everyone,

I am new here, and have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's posts. This forum has given me soooo much information, and helped with those stressful moments of being a new puppy Labrador owner! Our little guy's name is Milo & he's just 12 weeks old - he's a black Lab & we love him to bits.

Im look forward to reading all of your posts & getting some great tips from everyone!! I have already spent countless hours reading through all the different sections and looking at the stunning photos - there are some beautiful dogs on this site! Here is a pic of our little fella - he's growing by the minute!:)

post-51323-0-29636700-1391726236_thumb.jpg

post-51323-0-67790600-1391726183_thumb.jpg

Oh my god what a cute face! Love his little paw charm :D

:wave: Fellow black lab owner here - my girls 2 and is Abbey.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

I am new here, and have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's posts. This forum has given me soooo much information, and helped with those stressful moments of being a new puppy Labrador owner! Our little guy's name is Milo & he's just 12 weeks old - he's a black Lab & we love him to bits.

Im look forward to reading all of your posts & getting some great tips from everyone!! I have already spent countless hours reading through all the different sections and looking at the stunning photos - there are some beautiful dogs on this site! Here is a pic of our little fella - he's growing by the minute!:)

post-51323-0-29636700-1391726236_thumb.jpg

post-51323-0-67790600-1391726183_thumb.jpg

Oh my god what a cute face! Love his little paw charm :D

:wave: Fellow black lab owner here - my girls 2 and is Abbey.

Thanks for re-posting here for me! I realised I'd added to the wrong section this morning....Yes he's been quite an addition to the family :) We had his paw ID tag engraved last week and I make sure he wears it whenever he's outside in the yard. Abbey is such a sweetie. 2 years seems like a lifetime away, but I'm sure it goes fast!

So, Gus the wonder dog has entropion, which explains the battle with weepy eyes we've had since he got here. Lots of half,hearted diagnoses with a course of antibiotics and come back if it keeps up. Few hundred in vet bills etc. Older vet takes one look today and goes 'see how the lower eyelids roll in? Bam.

He was there for a lump on his leg, our vet said its a second wart but it looks pretty foul. He's taken a sample and will know Monday. Seriously. What a saga.

This is gonna be the most expensive desex ever!

Also while we were out Rosie drank half a litre of argan oil body oil.

My brother is housesitting this weekend. Do I tell him or leave that as a special surprise?

Haha. If you can't laugh what can you do?

Also. Do I tell Gus's breeder about his eyes? Is that something they'd appreciate knowing or am I being a pest with the constant updates.

In my experience StephM the breeder will be wanting to know about anything like that, I don't know who your breeder is but the breeder who I got Treb and Raiden off would want to know anything like that which affects the dogs she has bred.

If that makes sense.

--Lhok

Ronin is around 14weeks old and this morning he snapped a bird out of the sky!!! It was in the backyard. He mangled it pretty bad as he ran around the backyard in glee with his prize. I managed to get it off him before it could get consumed. I know huskies have a high prey drive but I didn't think to see it at such a young age. I am sad for the bird but am amazed at his strength and agility. The bird was some type of Wattlebird.

Omg yonjuro I can imagine the highs and lows of seeing that! Hopefully birds will learn to keep their distance... Amazing though!!

I meant to post yesterday that nixon (unfortunately) finally realised he can actually jump on our bed. Until now it has been front feet only, but I guess we're screwed now he knows he can jump all the way. I've been quite happy with him underestimating his abilities!

Omg yonjuro I can imagine the highs and lows of seeing that! Hopefully birds will learn to keep their distance... Amazing though!!

I meant to post yesterday that nixon (unfortunately) finally realised he can actually jump on our bed. Until now it has been front feet only, but I guess we're screwed now he knows he can jump all the way. I've been quite happy with him underestimating his abilities!

LOL, I feel your pain... Ronin has just discovered this as well! So nice and comfy up on the bed for him but we don't want it - erm well, she-who-must-be obeyed, certainly doesn't want him up there. :D

We have conceded the couch though... as if we ever had a say in it :laugh:

sleepinmeme_zps7739cd97.png

We haven't conceded the couch yet!! The bed thing can't continue because I have dog allergies, plus he won't stay still! I think we'll have a battle on our hands :)

Sash, your boy is absolutely adorable! Love his colours

Oh wow, I didn't realise how much Nova has grown recently!

Nova has been sleeping outside of his crate the last month as it's been a bit hot and the coolest parts are where the crate can't get to.

I decided to play some crate games with him tonight, Run into your crate, drop, shut the door, open the door, stay until I release you and then get a big tug.

He only just fits now! He was sleeping in it fine over Christmas at Mum's place and was even curling up across the shorter side of the crate. Now when he drops he takes up the WHOLE CRATE! Weight wise he's only put on about a kilo if that, so he's just grown in length laugh.gif (Although he's probably lost a kilos worth of hair in the last month too)

Time for an upgrade, so much for 36" will be fine for an adult!