A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

Its crazy how quickly puppies grow up! Mila is getting big! She is quite thin for a frenchie puppy but still gorgeous..

We found out that she had demodex mites on her head that she caught from her mother. She has been on antibiotics and injections and it is clearing up really well.

Paddling in her pool with her puppy foxy friend - Gypsie:

6c55797e815311e383e90ee9fc89a8a7_6.jpg

Mila with her big sister - Ruby:

3e8cfc4e807a11e3be550e1562ca3e6b_6.jpg

Too big for her puppy bed.. thats her new bed in the background but she insists on squeezing into this one..

2d076ac07fdc11e3b2630e9c0aaa8964_6.jpg

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Kanae & Luvsdogs!!

Dory.. the bum on naughtiness is soooo funny!! I had a Rotti for 12 years.. they are the BEST dogs. so sweet and was the best to give big hugs to!

Edited by Sares

Puppies are looking gorgeous!

Nala is absolutely stunning! She's making me rethink my love of black Dallies.

Dory I have to ask, what was the bum of naughtiness doing? laugh.gif

My boys getting so big! He has an adults body now frown.gif I just groomed him hence the poofiness!

1491602_10151971369910787_1028254616_n.jpg

1607130_10151971367860787_722048185_n.jpg

Edited by LisaCC

So many lovely pics!

I absolutely adore Nala's ears!

And Mila is so cute! I love that she's paddling, and trying to cram into her baby bed - Nixon still tries that sometime, but it will only basically fit his head in it now - it's unbelievable how fast they grow!

Willow is hilarious - I too would love to know what the bum was getting up to!

And Nova looks gorgeous as always - he poses so beautifully Lisa - he's definitely looking so grown up!

Nixon usually refuses to look at the camera, but I got a couple of ok ones recently...

Me and Nix in my new hammock:

1604849_10152175515797889_949658494_n.jpg

Nix looking grown up - his face shape has really changed a lot over the last month or so

1013982_10152175515852889_851241428_n.jpg

1601184_10152175516067889_36598019_n.jpg

I finally understand the meaning of "follow you anywhere" For the first time I have a dog who likes to follow you to the toilet, and into the shower. :eek: Yesterday I felt something touch my leg, and yep, Jingo had joined me for a cool shower- and yet he still struggles with wet groud!

Your puppies are all looking very grown up now, we need some more new ones to join our thread :)

Di

:laugh: At least yours is a bigger tripping hazard, and therefore easier to see. On the up-side, my feet are nver cold, at least it will be an upside in winter.

Actually Kira is the tripping hazard in this house, she trusts us so implixity that she doesn't move, so we now do the "doggy shuffle"

Di

Thanks Lisa - he's actually shedding like crazy at the moment, and his coat looks horrible - seems like it's mainly the lighter coloured undercoat left, so hopefully he'll get some new growth asap. Other people don't seem to notice though - I constantly get lovely compliments about his coat which is nice.

Tikira, I know what you mean about having having a follow you everywhere dog. nixon is always trying to get in the shower, but he's learned that if he just opens the door a crack I won't get too upset, and he can still lick up water from the shower base... gross! And he loves watching me on the toilet too. My 7 year old niece wasn't too keen on the toilet watching when she visited though. And the problem is he's so big now he takes up most of the floor space in the bathroom, and then usually scrunches the bathmat up under him while I'm in the shower, and I have to wrestle him for it to get it back! Lucky he's so cute :)

Yes Aliwake, it is lucky they are cute- could get messy otherwise :rofl: And yes "people soup" is the best flavoured water around!

Goota love them though, and Jingo makes me smile every day. He has learned that he has to wait for the large iceblock in his bowl to melt until it is a size where he can retrieve it and drop it on my feet. He checks it every few minutes so it is "just right"

Di

I can't remember who was asking about puzzle toys a while ago? I've tried a couple of others since then, so thought I'd update.

I bought one of the petlife ones - it's shaped like a ufo, and has a maze inside. you drop kibble through a small hole in the middle, and they have to roll it around til all the kibble comes out.

post-49251-0-29785600-1390268232_thumb.jpg

The first time I used it, I put half Nix's dinner in it, and he was still going half an hour later, and the laundry floor was thickly coated in saliva... So, I'd say it's a good challenge, because you can't learn to trick it - there's no short cut. Every single time you just have to hope for the best. However, the plastic used is very lightweight and easily damaged, so unless you can magically stop your dog from biting it, it will not last very long. I certainly won't ever leave it with him unattended. He also doesn't seem to have any idea when it's empty, so would probably keep attacking it indefinitely if I left it with him. He has occasionally needed help to get the last few pieces out.

I also just discovered the range of Kyjen puzzle toys (bought from pets providore). I think they're all on special at the moment, and are very good value. They're made of hard plastic like my aikiou one, so I think they will all last a lot longer. I chose the treat wheel because it has several steps needed to access all the treat holes - it was $15 which is great! It only arrived today, but I think it will be a good one! Will update once he's tried it, and will try to get some pics too. The quality looks good. Pets providore seemed to have about 7 different kyjen puzzles. I just looked up youtube vids of each to see how they worked, before making my decision.

http://www.petsprovidore.com.au/puzzle-game.html

http://www.petsprovidore.com.au/PUZZLE-Dog-Interactive-Games-Kyjen-USA.html

http://www.petsprovidore.com.au/Puzzle-Dog-Interactive-Games-Tennis-Glider.html

The tennis ball one does look pretty cool! I didn't have sound when I watched the video for that one, but I think it has room for balls in the outside bit, then treats in the inner bit?

I was actually shopping on pets providore to get a springer bike attachment, so stay tuned for some funny stories and skinned knees! I know he's still not old enough to go for long rides, but I'm hoping if he gets used to it now we might be a bit more successful later on...

ps the petlife maze one looked a bit sturdier than the one I got, but I'm pretty sure Nix would be able to lick the kibble out of the track, rather than push it out to the end... they are too expensive to just take a punt, so I went with the ufo one, which is a great puzzle, but definitely not sturdy.

Wow. They are all looking like big dogs now, starting to lose some of the adolescent, puppy look and starting to look like the gorgeous young adults they are going to be.

Bum Of Naughtiness was looking for the cat, she got a quick glance at him before he hid behind some blankets. So she decided that the best way to search for him was to hike it over the arm of the couch and scruffle about in what the cat thought was a pretty good hiding spot. :laugh:

This morning she was boooooooooooooooored. She was walking around the house looking for trouble, found a bottle of toilet cleaner and thought she'd bring that to the lounge room and chew on it in companionable company with me. She is so naieve sometimes, did she honestly think I was going to let her do that?

So then she wandered off with her most put upon face to go find something else she could have. Eventually she gave up and then struck upon the bright idea of Woofing at her Tug which is sitting on top of the bookcase. Then she looks at you...cos she wants to DO something. So a quick tug and training session....all good...right? Nope.

She wanders off to find something else to do, because that was fun but not fully satisfying. Fails to find the cats, fails to get Dory interested in a game, fails to get Daughter interested so she saunters back to the bookcase and sits there staring at it and me. Back and forth. Back and forth. I pretend to not get the hint and........WOOF!!

I love her so much. The big, doofus, hilarious doofy, doofus. :D

ps the petlife maze one looked a bit sturdier than the one I got, but I'm pretty sure Nix would be able to lick the kibble out of the track, rather than push it out to the end... they are too expensive to just take a punt, so I went with the ufo one, which is a great puzzle, but definitely not sturdy.

They do tend to lick the food out of the maze, but it still takes aaagggeeesss to get it out! Cleo licks like 1 bikkie out at a time! Nala couldn't even use it, she's too small (well her tongue was). I'd probably recommend the maze for a destructo stage dog, it's shape keeps it pretty flat to the ground (hard to flip, especially on a hard floor surface with it's little non slip feeties). I like the UFO but I found it hard to put all the kibble in, and bigger kibble doesn't work :( it'll be good for Nala when she's older as she's on BH and that kibble is smaller than Hills adult.

And thanks everyone for the kind comments about Nala :) I wish you could all meet her in real life! And Lisa, you know you want a liver ;) they're crazier than the blacks!

So of all toys Ezio gets excited for, it is a cat toy with feathers on the end of the string. When that comes out, he is over the moon and will work as hard as possible for it. I am not quite sure how to incorporate it into regular training, it isn't something I can take with me everywhere as a reward, I am yet to find anything else he sees as such a high value as it. Food has nothing against the feather cat toy when it comes to value.

Any suggestions?