A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

I am new here, and have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's posts. This forum has given me soooo much information, and helped with those stressful moments of being a new puppy Labrador owner! Our little guy's name is Milo & he's just 12 weeks old - he's a black Lab & we love him to bits.

Im look forward to reading all of your posts & getting some great tips from everyone!! I have already spent countless hours reading through all the different sections and looking at the stunning photos - there are some beautiful dogs on this site! Here is a pic of our little fella - he's growing by the minute!:)

post-51323-0-29636700-1391726236_thumb.jpg

post-51323-0-67790600-1391726183_thumb.jpg

Labs are such beautiful dogs!! Milo is a cutie!

Looks like they have some cheap beds and stuff too Steph...

I'm trying not to think about it - we don't need more stuff!!

Though, if anyone has some fun new toy recommendations - Nixon is turning 1(!!!!!) on sunday, and I'm not sure what to get him yet.

His favourite toy is his kong bounzer ball, but it's not hardy enough, and he tries to kill it whenever I let him play with it. It had a massive hole after the first 5 mins play. So, something very hardy, but fun... I was looking at the tirebiter frisbee last time I was in petstock, but the girl didn't think it was very hardy?

Looks like they have some cheap beds and stuff too Steph...

I'm trying not to think about it - we don't need more stuff!!

Though, if anyone has some fun new toy recommendations - Nixon is turning 1(!!!!!) on sunday, and I'm not sure what to get him yet.

His favourite toy is his kong bounzer ball, but it's not hardy enough, and he tries to kill it whenever I let him play with it. It had a massive hole after the first 5 mins play. So, something very hardy, but fun... I was looking at the tirebiter frisbee last time I was in petstock, but the girl didn't think it was very hardy?

If you are looking for a treat ball the bob-a-lot is excellent, there is an opening in the main food compartment with an adjustable opening and same with the dispensing part so you can make it easy or hard for your treats to come out. My Husky hammers it and it shows no sign of breaking.

I also really like the Tuffy Toys animal range they are super tough - no damage from harsh play by my Husky yet.

we don't often get a chance to retrieve in water, but he does like it. we have a water wubba already though, so one water toy is probably enough.

I'd like something I can leave in the yard for him to play with without getting destroyed and eaten. Weirdly enough he's pretty good with most stuffed toys - his two original teddies are still intact (though well loved), though he did destroy the monkey head on his kong wubba friend. He doesn't really destroy small balls either (which is lucky given the number of cricket balls that came over our fence in the last few weeks).

At christmas there were so many things I wanted to get him, whereas now I have no idea. I think I'll just have to wander through a shop and see what takes my fancy.

yeah, the very first thing I bought when we found out we were getting him was the knotties patches bear :) I still think it's the nicest one on offer, though I do like the long ears on the matching bunny - unfortunately it's pink and my husband won't think it's manly enough! They are great quality though - Nix's has received a great deal of love, and is still in one piece!

Re. cars, I have a Nissan X trail after stuff I read on here, have to say best purchase I've ever made! I can't see myself getting another car now, it's lovely to drive (previous car was a Camry) and I think it is a good looking car too. The square-ish cargo area is the reason I went for it, I too didn't want any SUV with a slopy cargo. We've done 30 000kms in a year (thanks to living in the sticks and working in town) and it has handled it so well. 2 bouncy adult Dalmatians will be the limit though, either in the cargo area or the back seat, a 3rd means we'll need a trailer I think (or no children lol, but that's in the pipeline).