Auspost Has Dog Stamps!

minimax

I have first day cover from 2010 when they did the Adopted adored series there was a westie variation on that one had a giggle when I saw where the post mark was from "Tailem Bend" SA. And yes despite the name it is a real town :laugh:

Yeap tis a real town, i has bin there! 22,000 km in 10 weeks some towns are bit blurry :rofl:

The dogs featured are from the 'Wine Dogs' series of books from what I understand.

There are some beautiful photos of vineyard dogs from around Australia (and around the world) on their Facebook site. Worth a look for those who missed out on seeing their breed on stamps. :)

My link 'Wine Dogs'

My post shop lady said there was only wussy, city dogs. She said she would have liked BC, SBT, kelpie, ACD, GSD

A couple of years ago there was a "working dog" series of stamps. Had an ACD with cattle, a BC with sheep, a GSD police dog, a guide dog lab, and an AQIS beagle...I remember because someone bought them for me and I still have them stuck to the side of my photo board in my room :laugh:

But I do think these doggies are very cute :)

My post shop lady said there was only wussy, city dogs. She said she would have liked BC, SBT, kelpie, ACD, GSD

A couple of years ago there was a "working dog" series of stamps. Had an ACD with cattle, a BC with sheep, a GSD police dog, a guide dog lab, and an AQIS beagle...I remember because someone bought them for me and I still have them stuck to the side of my photo board in my room :laugh:

But I do think these doggies are very cute :)

I still have the set of working dogs with a few extra BC ones even though it wasn't a really good example of a border collie. :o